ooooooooooo

Wheel Bore size

B

Bister

Does anyone have the full specs on the OEM wheel?

Mainly the bore size required if you were to change the wheels out. I’m thinking of some 215/85R16 on some aftermarket steel rims for winter, but keeping my stock ones for summer.

FYI. I would take one off and measure it but I loaned it to a new dealer in my area to display it for a bit. Too cold to use it till my cab and heater etc come in.

Pdphilson

Guaminí, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Does anyone have the full specs on the OEM wheel?

Mainly the bore size required if you were to change the wheels out. I’m thinking of some 215/85R16 on some aftermarket steel rims for winter, but keeping my stock ones for summer.

FYI. I would take one off and measure it but I loaned it to a new dealer in my area to display it for a bit. Too cold to use it till my cab and heater etc come in.
4.250 inches. 108 mm

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
What do ya'll think of these wheel / rims. I'm on a budget. Black Rock 942615540: Type D Steel Wheel Size: 16" x 10" | JEGS ( The same set on e bay is $120 more by the way) My KO2s are not good in my farm mud so was also planning on keeping them for drier conditions like Bister and getting some real mud tires on these rims. I like the looks of the Federal Couragia at Simple tire.. Need lugs that will get me home and won't break the bank. . $149.97 - Federal Couragia M/T LT265/75R-16 tires | Buy Federal Couragia M/T tires at SimpleTire . I found a chart on how to select rim width thankfully but the rest, I'm unsure of without taking a tire off to measure..

Last edited:
B

Bister

Those are 10” wide rims. You need something around 7” wide for that tire, unless you were just showing us what they look like. I like the tire though. I’m thinking some 215/85R-16’s maybe for my second set. Tall and skinny.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Those are 10” wide rims. You need something around 7” wide for that tire, unless you were just showing us what they look like. I like the tire though. I’m thinking some 215/85R-16’s maybe for my second set. Tall and skinny.

Hi Bister, thank you. I posted the link for tires that were too narrow didn't I . I updated the link to show the same tires in a 265 which should work according to that tire/rim chart. But I don't know about this stuff. So I need ya'lls help. Fatter would be better for me and maybe help me float on some of the mud while making my way thru it . ( Lots of flooding rains this spring down here) . What do you think about those rims?

B

Bister

I stick with pretty stock stuff, other guys that have more experience should probably chime in. There are 2 theories, skinny to cut to the bottom or fat to float over top. I like skinnies, but that’s just me. Tires looks good though. I’m going to wait till I can get my hands on a stock set of Roxor steel rims for my second set probably. I’m not in a rush, I’m going for the long game. Lol. My front lockers showed up, so that’ll help me get around better for now with my stock tires. And if it’s bad, I don’t have to go out. Mine is just for recreation, snow pushing, getting to my shack and taking the dogs out, if it was for work or around a farm and needed daily, I might rethink what i need.

B

Bister

I like this page for comparing tire sizes and specs. Comes in handy. If you scroll down, it gives you a list of options and specs for different rims and choice of height.

Tire Size Comparison

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks Bister . I need all the help I can get.

JoeMc

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
20190407_170012.jpg
My roxor came with 16"x7" wheels.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
We use the same ‘big hole’ wheels the Willys do. Any CJ prior to 87, and most any half ton Dodge prior to 94.

My $.02 on muds:

During the thaw, in a light vehicle without towering tires, I like fat tires to float. The ruts get VERY deep where cutting is not your friend.

Heavy vehicles, like a truck, just have to run enough tire height cuz they get down whether they want to or not, so tall skinny and aggressive cleaning treads.

Summary: it depends on mud wetness, depth, vehicle weight and tire height possible.

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
For you guys planning on different rims, i have measured the stock rims, they have a offset of "0", So adding 1 1/2 inch wheel spacers is like a rim with -38mm offset. The point is negative offset moves the tire outward, offset is measured in mm.