ooooooooooo

2018 roxor, stock wheels, stock stance (currently) whats a good tire size at a reasonable Price?

Joe Burgess

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey Ya'll,

New to Roxor, actually picking it up on Tues. Im in need of some aggressive mud tires but I dont know how tall of a tire I can fit? I dont plan to lift it soon, I'd rather do level and lockers, so what do you recommend? And based on your experience, how are they performing/holding up? Goal is trail riding with my family and not getting stuck. Very little on road use currently.

Joe Burgess

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey Ya'll,

New to Roxor, actually picking it up on Tues. Im in need of some aggressive mud tires but I dont know how tall of a tire I can fit? I dont plan to lift it soon, I'd rather do level and lockers, so what do you recommend? And based on your experience, how are they performing/holding up? Goal is trail riding with my family and not getting stuck. Very little on road use currently.
I should add, I don't care if the tire is wide, I rather prefer a traditional Willie's look with a "skinny" and I am sure that helps prevent rubbing anyway.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hello, I put military style on mine. Firestone 7.50X16 NDT tubed. They fit Good I'm very happy with them.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
This is a great place for information the people on here are great

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
OTR level springs, climax off-road shackles in rear and a Cecco body lift and 33s. No rub anywhere but I do need to extend the bump stops just in case. The rear springs we’re going into a negative arch but still no contact. The fronts just flexed out with no contact. I think I’m good but if I stuff them just right I’m sure it’s possible to make contact. Probably doesn’t help you right now but when you do the level lift it will.

80C69325-7120-4C51-9957-7C915AD84005.jpeg

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My Roxor has 235 85r16s and they fit with no rubbing. I have BFG KO2s on but I'm pretty sure I've seen other brands of tires in this size on the forum here somewhere...that's how I knew they would fit. I kind of like the "pizza cutter" look on these vintage looking Roxors and for the type of wheeling I do around here, I think a skinnier tread gets a better bite and actually performs better. Seems like when I measured them when I first got them, they were just shy of being 33".
48571757886_8c5a07fdd4_3k.jpg

50317764556_212df5d28b_3k.jpg

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have the OTR leveling kit and the sway bar disconnected. I have 265/75’s and the rub on the spring and fender in the front.

12D712A8-6688-4113-827E-DF3E9C482C2C.jpeg

Joe Burgess

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My Roxor has 235 85r16s and they fit with no rubbing. I have BFG KO2s on but I'm pretty sure I've seen other brands of tires in this size on the forum here somewhere...that's how I knew they would fit. I kind of like the "pizza cutter" look on these vintage looking Roxors and for the type of wheeling I do around here, I think a skinnier tread gets a better bite and actually performs better. Seems like when I measured them when I first got them, they were just shy of being 33". View attachment 7990

View attachment 7991
Great information, and good looking rig.

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
35s

Super swamper TSL SX-II

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I too went with military 7.50 16's. Mine are not as open a tread as Roxasuras. I like his firestones. Mine were a bit under a hundred apiece, but they are tubed also. i went ahead and bought rims so my stock ones are put away. I think they would be better for snow. The military ones are better for mud as they are a bit narrower and open to release the mud from the tread.