• 40 plus

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

mopar93

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have a 2018 with the aluminum wheels and BFG's. Most of my running is on paved roads with some gravel roads. So, for the bulk of my driving, I run 50 psi all the way around. If I am going on the trails in Michigan, I'll let them down to 15-16 psi so that they get through the sand better and feel better on the washboarding that happens on many of the trails. With pavement driving, the 50 psi will make the tires last much longer than will 30-35 psi. At the higher pressures, the tires won't develop a bad choppy condition on the inner and outer portions of the tread which makes them get very noisy.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have a 2018 with the aluminum wheels and BFG's. Most of my running is on paved roads with some gravel roads. So, for the bulk of my driving, I run 50 psi all the way around. If I am going on the trails in Michigan, I'll let them down to 15-16 psi so that they get through the sand better and feel better on the washboarding that happens on many of the trails. With pavement driving, the 50 psi will make the tires last much longer than will 30-35 psi. At the higher pressures, the tires won't develop a bad choppy condition on the inner and outer portions of the tread which makes them get very noisy.
The roxor isn't heavy. 50psi will likely crown the center

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I've run these tires (previously KOs now KO2s) on this size vechile for decades now. Always at 50-55 psi. I haven't used very many sets. Mopar93 is exactly right. C rated at 50 psi, they will last forever if kept aligned well (60, 70, or 80+ K miles) and will NOT crown the center. E's might. Never ran Es on anything this size, always Cs. I have Es on my Dodge (5500 lbs) and keep them at 50ish psi as well and have 30k miles on em and well over half tread left with no crown.

The ride will be firmer than 30 psi, but I don't mind one bit. I actually think the Roxor rides really well lol. Must softer than my TJ did but not sloppy.

I still have my TJ set on 15s behind my garage with ~90k miles on em and 20-30% tread left.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
I've run these tires (previously KOs now KO2s) on this size vechile for decades now. Always at 50-55 psi. I haven't used very many sets. Mopar93 is exactly right. C rated at 50 psi, they will last forever if kept aligned well (60, 70, or 80+ K miles) and will NOT crown the center. E's might. Never ran Es on anything this size, always Cs. I have Es on my Dodge (5500 lbs) and keep them at 50ish psi as well and have 30k miles on em and well over half tread left with no crown.

The ride will be firmer than 30 psi, but I don't mind one bit. I actually think the Roxor rides really well lol. Must softer than my TJ did but not sloppy.

I still have my TJ set on 15s behind my garage with ~90k miles on em and 20-30% tread left.

I'll take the better ride at 30-35 psi. My tires will dry rot before I see 20,000 miles. Lol. Really.

BDRAG

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I Concur with that BDRAG. The tires will rot off before the mileage is every reached, even at my 15-19 psi.

mopar93

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My tires won't rot away. The Roxor sits in a garage when it is not being driven. The 1960 Willys CJ5 that my Dad bought new still has the original tires and they are not rotted. They have never leaked. That one is black just like my Roxor. They are so much alike.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My tires won't rot away. The Roxor sits in a garage when it is not being driven. The 1960 Willys CJ5 that my Dad bought new still has the original tires and they are not rotted. They have never leaked. That one is black just like my Roxor. They are so much alike.
Tires today are not made from the same compound. Garage kept will not keep the tires from drying out, nothing will. Even Military tires that are rated OZ (Ozone) dry out. I have a set of 37s on my 57 chevy that have been in the garage for 6 years, and they are showing dry cracks.

Sgtatarms

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
235/85-16 load range e mud claw extreme on stock wheels at 22# front and rear. The side walls are so stiff, you could probably run at 10# off road. They will move some mud and they are plenty tall enough for me!