ooooooooooo

What’s the expected life on a roxor

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
L.G.L.L.T.

Looks Good Last Long Time. If we keep the oil and filters changed. I read somewhere about 150-200k. IDK about that. It would take me a while to rack up that mileage. Bister will hit that mark in a few more years......A!

TnRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks, was just wondering how long the awesome little machine will last

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks, was just wondering how long the awesome little machine will last
ALL B.S. aside, I will be really disappointed if I have to do major work within 20-25 years. I have a Kubota with a 3 cylinder diesel that's an 89 model. The steering is just now giving me issues. Now if we turn them, push them hard and go to installing ARP head studs...… That's a different ball of wax. Clean oil, clean fuel, clean air and grease the joints should carry us for a while....

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have heard them going in India under the That name (same vic) going as many as 350-400K, I don't think any of us here will surpass that. Not even our brothers to the North EH!

B

Bister

L.G.L.L.T.

Looks Good Last Long Time. If we keep the oil and filters changed. I read somewhere about 150-200k. IDK about that. It would take me a while to rack up that mileage. Bister will hit that mark in a few more years......A!
lol. I'm at 12,700 KLMS. My dealer said one of the ones that they sold to the Potash mine here was over 36,000 KLMS, but it can't go over 40 KPH and that was months ago. I haven't had an update from him lately.

I'm sure mine will outlast me.

oldgreybull

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Shoot Bister, it's a diesel, you've got a ways to go before you're properly broken-in!

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Judging by the Thar in India and how they hold up to the abuse they put them through, I'm not too worried about mine wearing out anytime soon.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I am not as rough on mine as others but I take it in the woods and Mtns, and I have fun with that and even washitng it, not to mention talking to people about it

B

Bister

I am not as rough on mine as others but I take it in the woods and Mtns, and I have fun with that and even washitng it, not to mention talking to people about it
Same here. Trails and backroads to get to my shack (4 miles from house in town). Maybe a shallow creek crossing couple times a year.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
I will have mine till I die most likely. That could be today or 20 years. At 61 I'm going to keep it as long as I can drag myself into it.

Once I'm dead, not having any kids or relatives, since the blood line ends with myself and my brother, I will just describe it in my will as MY OLD JEEP . HAhaaaaa. let them try and tag it! HAhaaaaaa.

BDRAG

M151

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
How long will a Roxor last? Hell, I still see AMC Pacers and GM Citations on the road. Hope that brings you comfort.

B

Bister

How long will a Roxor last? Hell, I still see AMC Pacers and GM Citations on the road. Hope that brings you comfort.
Heck, gas and battery and both these will run, not great, and one won't stop cause of no brakes, but we don't need brakes in Saskatchewan, we just coast to a stop. FYI: never use a parking brake on vehicle from Sask, cause it will stick, don't need a parking brake on the Sask prairies. We can watch our dog run away for 3 days, 4 days if you stand on a newspaper.

15734C95-3D73-49FF-8908-0099C5261D76.jpeg

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Heck, gas and battery and both these will run, not great, and one won't stop cause of no brakes, but we don't need brakes in Saskatchewan, we just coast to a stop. FYI: never use a parking brake on vehicle from Sask, cause it will stick, don't need a parking brake on the Sask prairies. We can watch our dog run away for 3 days, 4 days if you stand on a newspaper.

View attachment 7209
Ya may wanna put some air in the tires unless that helps ya stop as well. Lol. The red one has a huge air box on the hood? Was it the first K & N air filter prototype candidate? Lol.

BDRAG

B

Bister

Ya may wanna put some air in the tires unless that helps ya stop as well. Lol. The red one has a huge air box on the hood? Was it the first K & N air filter prototype candidate? Lol.

BDRAG
Sorry, just saw your post.

We blew the motor in the red one, a sleeve slid down and the rings pulled it into the oil pan. We put an engine in out of an old Jeep truck in it and it was overhead valve (I think) and the carb sits up higher.