ooooooooooo

Upgrade Battery

Kyjondeere

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I’ve acquired a winch so from what I’ve read I will probably need to upgrade my battery. Anyone know the model number for the Exide AGM that comes on the SE/LE models?

Or any recommendations for an equivalent AGM that is the same size?

Thanks

i303

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Odyssey AGM battery. I heard they used to be the actual manufacturer of the Sears AGM Die Hard. 4 year full replacement warranty

Pr be like my kid and lets the battery die with a year left and takes it to AutoZone for their crappiest battery and does not use warranty. Now I just got mad remembering this.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Odyssey AGM battery. I heard they used to be the actual manufacturer of the Sears AGM Die Hard. 4 year full replacement warranty

Pr be like my kid and lets the battery die with a year left and takes it to AutoZone for their crappiest battery and does not use warranty. Now I just got mad remembering this.

Johnson Controls used to make Die Hard. Then they switched to Exide and they became Croke Easy batteries.

i303

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Johnson Controls used to make Die Hard. Then they switched to Exide and they became Croke Easy batteries.
AH HAH. I was trying to remember Johnson Control. I don't know I was thinking it was called something else and I was Googling it. And isn't Exide what we have now on the Rox from the factory? LOL. When it goes I'll look at Odyddey. Maybe JC depends which one will be easier to deal with if it goes dead. AZ heat is harder on batteries then cold weather places I've noticed.

Noticed I didn't say Optima? I used to do Optima until they started to have issues and I had one go bad under 2 years and was "pro rated: to a joke of what got covered. I see they've improved their warranty after theyve switched to being made in China for a while now. Like how BF Goodrich don't cover their tires when they switched their rubber compound and had tires literally fall apart for a few years.

So is JC the actual company that makes Odyssey? I know the Die Hard AGM and Odyssey looked nearly identical except the color.

i303

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I looked at JC website. I think they are Optimas. Or bought them out. There's another company that makes good AGM batteries but dang if I can remember their name.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Johnson Controls makes Optima batteries not Odyssey, my brother in law works for Johnson controls and I get a big discount but I prefer Braille batteries myself. I also had a friend in the airline business and they’d throw out perfectly good batteries because it met its service life, those were Hawker brand batteries and were good also.

Kyjondeere

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I ended up going with the Autocraft Platinum AGM-34 from Advance Auto. It is the same as the Duralast Platinum marketed by Auto Zone. My research leads me to believe that they are made my Johnson Controls but who knows.

I got it from Advance because if you buy online and pick-up in store you save 20%. It was $155 with the discount.