ooooooooooo

Tune help

Luke

I have a 2018 roxor and looking to put a tune on it not sure if I should go with a stage one or stage two I would like to do an EGR delete and was wondering if that’s compatible with a tune.I don’t want to go crazy with exhaust I mainly want to do this to get rid of the 45 mph speed limit.Any help would be great thanks

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
I have a 2018 roxor and looking to put a tune on it not sure if I should go with a stage one or stage two I would like to do an EGR delete and was wondering if that’s compatible with a tune.I don’t want to go crazy with exhaust I mainly want to do this to get rid of the 45 mph speed limit.Any help would be great thanks
I love my stage 1. To avoid the the " who is best " I will just say what I have experienced with mine. I got stage 1. The tuner asked if I wanted egr delete or regular. I am not a crazy diesel hot rod person, I as you wanted the speed limiter gone and I also wanted a tad more umph!

I am completely happy with my tune. Still got mid 30's in mileage all day long in Colorado mountains, mostly in low range.

In another thread, a person got the stage 1 and later did the egr delete and had issues. He contacted the tuner and the did a fix for him. I don't know if they charged him or not. He is suppose to install it this weekend. So it sounds like you need to get a tune for EXACTLY WHAT YOUR MODS ARE.

BDRAG

JPINSON

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I got a stage 3 tune could definitely tell the difference. Although after only one week of driving vehicle would not start. Removed tuned Ecu and reinstalled factory Ecu started with no problems...had Ecu reprogrammed started drove for about 2 miles turned off motor tried to restart would not start. It’s like its not getting any fuel or not firing if that makes since. i haven’t had any down time because i chose to keep my factory Ecu as a backup. The vendor has been great working with me and hopefully will replace with a new one instead of reprogramming again should find out something tomorrow

Bfree

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I love my stage 1. To avoid the the " who is best " I will just say what I have experienced with mine. I got stage 1. The tuner asked if I wanted egr delete or regular. I am not a crazy diesel hot rod person, I as you wanted the speed limiter gone and I also wanted a tad more umph!

I am completely happy with my tune. Still got mid 30's in mileage all day long in Colorado mountains, mostly in low range.

In another thread, a person got the stage 1 and later did the egr delete and had issues. He contacted the tuner and the did a fix for him. I don't know if they charged him or not. He is suppose to install it this weekend. So it sounds like you need to get a tune for EXACTLY WHAT YOUR MODS ARE.

BDRAG
That was me, Vivid Racing did not charge me any extra, I only had to pay for t he shipping to and from. I did install it just today, all is good and no more engine light.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I did an egr delete, bigger exhaust, cold air intake, VR tune, and I added a boost gauge and egt gauge for precaution. I'm new to diesels so wanted to be safe, so far very happy with the performance and sound is a bonus. It runs great and fuel mileage is still good.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Who is your tuner?

BDRAG

gpfred

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
i did stage 1 tune drove it about two weeks and sent it back for stage two lol -- love it -- i dont hot rod but the extra is nice-- i took catalatic pipe of beat and drilled out all the goodies and put back on-- left all the rest of exhaust off and drove it around couldnt tell any difference in performance so put it back on -- i drive it anound town and 8 miles a day on highway to go feed my horses-- great little machine!!!

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
With the tune. Do you still have the 40 mph rattle?

Vetdawg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have the stage 3 KMS tune and love it. I have had no issues. It runs great and has good power but not excessive. I have put about 900 miles with no issues. It is stock otherwise, no other motor modifications. It runs 65mph at 2,200 RPM, seems to top out at 75.

Luke

EGR and stage 1 tune all seems good, definitely notice more power took it up the road got it up to 55 had more to go just ran out of road. Lift kit will be next project