ooooooooooo

Transfer case

Lwhite5

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Last night I went to shift into 4 high and I had some grinding coming from TCase I had to be nearly stopped before the it would go into 4high without grinding. Before I could put into 4 high while running down the road no issues. Any ideas on what happened?

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I never shift into 4x4 while driving. Not with these on the floor shifters.

Lwhite5

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I had hubs unlocked not sure if that makes a difference being that the front diff isn’t spinning and the rear dif is?

EliRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yep, that'll do it. If you have locking hubs, they need to be locked for you to shift into 4Hi while moving. Otherwise, as you said, you have the front driveshaft stationary (not being driven by the front wheels) and you're trying to mesh two driveshafts.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yep, that'll do it. If you have locking hubs, they need to be locked for you to shift into 4Hi while moving. Otherwise, as you said, you have the front driveshaft stationary (not being driven by the front wheels) and you're trying to mesh two driveshafts.
Good info! Thanks for sharing that.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You're lucky you didn't blow up the transfer case doing that with the hubs unlocked. The gears need to be synced with speed in order to do that.