ooooooooooo

Trailer Wire Harness

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Forgot to mention that the $2,000 full size tag is only available if you’re not financing your Roxor and you have the title.
Makes sense. Just worry about driving it around Minnesota with the small plates.

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It appears the only viable option is to go through dirt legal. They can do a full size Florida tag for $2,000. This tag and title will then transfer to Alabama and you’ll be able to renew it every year. You’ll have to get a Florida insurance policy first that meets the minimum requirements for the state. Progressive can do this. The hang up at the dmv is the wording on the title. Says “off road only”. Technically all you’d need to get an Alabama tag is a new title without the off-road wordage. I personally haven’t taken the plunge. Can’t quite bring myself to do it.
Thanks for the update. If I tag it. It will be after it identifies as a old jeep! ? No way I'm paying 500 every year for that. I wouldn't pay 2000 either regardless if its financed or not.

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks for the update. If I tag it. It will be after it identifies as a old jeep! ? No way I'm paying 500 every year for that. I wouldn't pay 2000 either regardless if its financed or not.
What is the easiest way to do it? Do I buy a rust bucket with a title or do I get it registered as a custom built Jeep? Really want to get it street legal in Minnesota and paying dirt legal $500 to $2000 a year sounds insane. If someone doesn’t want to put the answer done for everyone to see please message me. Been following this machine since before it was released.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What is the easiest way to do it? Do I buy a rust bucket with a title or do I get it registered as a custom built Jeep? Really want to get it street legal in Minnesota and paying dirt legal $500 to $2000 a year sounds insane. If someone doesn’t want to put the answer done for everyone to see please message me. Been following this machine since before it was released.
Easiest way I’ve found is to move to Arizona. They can tag anything with four wheels there with no issues...
Unfortunately, outside of that there are no easy ways. Mahindra went to a lot of trouble to make it difficult to make it street legal so they could manufacture it without adding all the modern safety equipment (which is why a lot of us love the Roxor). I personally have talked to a few lawyers about it to see if they could help and they’ve said it would be cheaper to just pay dirt legal the $2,000 and transfer it to your state. After that, you would just pay whatever the cost is for a tag in your state yearly. I eventually plan on going this route as I plan on keeping my machine for a very long time. $2,000 isn’t all that much compared to the money I’ve spent already on just a few accessories to make it functional for me.

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I may look into this one, as I'm working in New Mexico. I may have a buddy who would let me use his address to tag my Roxor, then just transfer to Sweet Home Alabama!

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Easiest way I’ve found is to move to Arizona. They can tag anything with four wheels there with no issues...
Unfortunately, outside of that there are no easy ways. Mahindra went to a lot of trouble to make it difficult to make it street legal so they could manufacture it without adding all the modern safety equipment (which is why a lot of us love the Roxor). I personally have talked to a few lawyers about it to see if they could help and they’ve said it would be cheaper to just pay dirt legal the $2,000 and transfer it to your state. After that, you would just pay whatever the cost is for a tag in your state yearly. I eventually plan on going this route as I plan on keeping my machine for a very long time. $2,000 isn’t all that much compared to the money I’ve spent already on just a few accessories to make it functional for me.
I drove a Roxor love that machine reminds me of an old CJ7. That’s the one of the big draws I have for it to it’s bare bones Spartan machine like the old CJs and I am not looking at making Roxor my daily driver. I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to answer my questions. Sounds like going thru dirt legal is the easiest way to get this on the road. Just curious regarding throwing down the $2000 does someone have to be thrown on top of the original $500 that I would be doing because I would paying my Roxor off through an auto loan?