ooooooooooo

Tough Console Padding Material????

lcp

Guys, I'm going to make a base between the front seats that will work to support either a vertical 2-rifle gun rack or an ammo can to be used as a center console. I'm trying to figure out what to make a pad out of on top of the ammo can so that it doesn't beat the crap out of me and the misses when rambling around offroad. I'm looking for something pretty tough and durable that won't soak up water since we don't have doors. I'm currently looking at cutting up a yoga mat or using some toolbox foam liner or something like that. Any ideas???

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I used two small ammo cans and they have never been in the way of bumping into them off-road. A yoga mat sounds promising or maybe one of those livestock stall mats at TSC.
80A89B9B-221B-46DB-83E0-C0F9E2588DF6.jpeg

188AB3A9-4A47-4FA9-93B6-BBA75AA70E1E.jpeg

lcp

I used two small ammo cans and they have never been in the way of bumping into them off-road. A yoga mat sounds promising or maybe one of those livestock stall mats at TSC.
I like that idea, but I decided to use a larger box to accomodate larger items and serve as an armrest. So far the yoga mat idea is at the top. I've got one I bought to lay on when working out my abs on our concrete slab, but gave up on the whole ab thing. It's purple, but we can probably overlook that auto fashion faux pas.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That’s definitely cheaper than the stall mats. Should work fine I would think. If anything I would be hesitant about it would be the ability of the adhesive to adequately hold. Might have to add some extra glue at install to be on the safe side.

Reactions: lcp

lcp

Here's how it's turned out so far. I still need to make some sort of pad for the top to be used as an armrest. The base accepts either the ammo can console or a 2-rifle vertical rack.

IMG_8915[1].jpg IMG_8916[1].jpg IMG_8917[1].jpg IMG_8918[1].jpg

ramrod

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
here is a guy that makes them ,old post but looks lik he is still active post, I seen a few people selling these before,I am planing on ding the same thing with the bar between the seats but going to try to put jeep tuffy console there

Jhop567

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I just got one of these mounts for the back of my Roxor, but may use it up front. It's from SWAG Off Road.
1670438018885.png