ooooooooooo

Smittybilt Floor Console and 265/75/16 Tires Installed

Realtywill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I felt the Roxor interior was missing something, so I Installed a Smittybilt (Black Denim) Floor Console.

I Started by making a template for the bracket that would hold the console and bolt using the front seat belt bolts. I then cut off the front cup holders on the console. I took the template, console, and cup holder to a welder. After a day and half he had everything ready to pick up. I had him make the bracket out of ¼” by 1 ½” steel. To my surprise, it wasn’t as heavy as I thought it would be. He also got the surface on the console prepped (where I had cut off the cup holder) and ready for me to paint. Lastly, I had him weld a piece of metal to the back of the cup holder and prep for painting so I could use that.

I painted the bracket black. The console was an off black and had a little texture to it (it matches the Roxor interior very well). I found Rust-Oleum Hammered spray paint that matches the Smittybilt floor console color and texture great. I installed the bracket to the floor console and installed it to the two seat belt bolts. The front seat bolts were long enough, so I was able to just bolt right up. After I got that all done, I drilled two holes in the back of the console and the cup holder and bolted that up for the kids to use in the back. WOW….what a world of difference! It looks great and is comfortable when driving with the arm rest. The console is out of the way of the gear shift and emergency break. It all works great!

I drove the Roxor to America’s Tire this last Friday and had them install Falken Wildpeak 265/75/16 tires. The tires fit/look great and don’t rub. I don’t have tire spacers, but I do have slightly longer front shackles that came with the Rough Country 2.5” leveling kit. I never installed the leveling kit, I just used the front shackles that came with the kit. I did purchase a pair of front and rear shackles from Max a while back. The Roxor level looks great, but I’ll probably put Max’s shackles on in the near future.

One other thing, since the tires are wider than stock, I had to make a spacer to get the spare tire to fit. I went down to the local metal shop and had them cut me 4” by 6” and ½ inch thick aluminum to put between the tailgate and spare tire bracket. I used a 1/8” thin foam and stuck it to the back of the spacer so it didn’t scratch the paint. I did paint the spacer with the Rust-Oleum Hammered spray paint.

I attached a link to the console that I bought.

Smittybilt Security Floor Console (Black) - 31715

IMG_2484.jpg IMG_2486.jpg IMG_2504.jpg IMG_2505.jpg IMG_2512.jpg IMG_2513.jpg IMG_2515.jpg IMG_2534.jpg IMG_2539.jpg IMG_2528.jpg

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That turned out great! I just mounted an ammo box for dry lockable storage, but at times I wish I had an arm rest...might have to think about doing something like you did.

Realtywill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I was thinking of going with the ammo can, but just couldn’t figure it out. In the end the armrest is probably one of the best upgrades I’ll do to the Roxor (next to tires). It made a world of difference and the Smittybilt I used is at the perfect height.
I just wish I knew how to weld. These trips to the welder are adding up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk