ooooooooooo

Throw out bearing noise update

shawnr

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Well got my Roxor in the shop for the noice they confirmed it was the throwout bearing got it fixed brought It home unloaded it off the trailer parked it in the shop took it out lastnight for a spin noticed they screwed up the speedometer where it does not operate at all (I checked the speed sensor) and that’s not the issue and it will only run about 10 mph and has no power at all if this isn’t bad enough the chirping noise from the throwout bearing is back too with about 300 yards of driving it ?!?!?!? Sorry for the rant lol

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That sounds bad. It's crazy that the mechanic decided to release it back to you in that condition. Did they really think you were not going to notice?

shawnr

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Not a clue the nearest dealership is 90 miles from me so I’m not exactly happy the noise didn’t start till I unloaded it off the trailer and drove it to the mailbox of corse and I didn’t think about looking at the Speedometer down there or going faster than a idal cause there was no place to go

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Not a clue the nearest dealership is 90 miles from me so I’m not exactly happy the noise didn’t start till I unloaded it off the trailer and drove it to the mailbox of corse and I didn’t think about looking at the Speedometer down there or going faster than a idal cause there was no place to go
This is probably a dumb question but do you make sure your seat buckle is clipped in? That speed limits you to 5 mph I think.

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sonnyd valid point on the seat belt. Been there done that!

Reactions: RXR

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Shawnr, please keep us posted on what you find out here. I hate hearing this kind of stuff as I went through similar issues with a 2017 General 4, sold it. What I really dislike is when the dealership doesn’t take care of their customers. So far I like my ROXOR a lot, however I haven’t put a lot of miles on it as of yet.

shawnr

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I had a general too and sold it due to problems with the turf mode not staying locked in then had it in the shop about 4 times for it needless to the diff blew apart when it unlocked and re locked

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I had a general too and sold it due to problems with the turf mode not staying locked in then had it in the shop about 4 times for it needless to the diff blew apart when it unlocked and re locked
Interesting, sounds like we both had similar experiences with the General. I had all but given up on “off roading” until my wife saw a news piece on one of the local tv stations in Salt Lake City. I went and looked at a ROXOR,did a lot of research and of course bought one. Going this morning to get it licensed for the street, can do that here in Utah. I hope you get your issues taken care of , keep us up to date!

shawnr

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Thanks a ton to kyle at Roxor support he went way above and beyond on this one!! That being said if you all have a squeaky throwout bearing in the back side of the clutch petal there is a turn buckle adjustment if you lengthen that rod it holds alittle pressure on the bearing and keeps it in place like it should be. The Speedo is now fixed too the dealershit when they pulled the tranny to do the throwout bearing they unthreaded the speedometer sensor instead of just in plugging it when they put it back in they did not get the spline lined up so it did not turn

Bill Patridge

Founding Member
Thanks a ton to kyle at Roxor support he went way above and beyond on this one!! That being said if you all have a squeaky throwout bearing in the back side of the clutch petal there is a turn buckle adjustment if you lengthen that rod it holds alittle pressure on the bearing and keeps it in place like it should be. The Speedo is now fixed too the dealershit when they pulled the tranny to do the throwout bearing they unthreaded the speedometer sensor instead of just in plugging it when they put it back in they did not get the spline lined up so it did not turn
That makes sense, since the slave cylinder doesn’t have an adjustment

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Can you take a pic and post directions on how you made the adjustment. I know a couple people that are having the same issue. Thanks realy good to hear.

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
shawnr, thanks for the update. Pics would be nice if it is possible to photograph.

RidgeRunner

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

Kyle has been Johnny on the spot on what few minor issues I've encountered- Jeff Dean #0252

Collin S.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Super old threat but is it this adjustment?

image.jpg