ooooooooooo

Bad Throwout bearing?

Doshounds

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Mine has developed a chirping noise that goes away as soon as you touch the clutch pedal. With the engine idling you can see the clutch lever moving around. If you place your hand on it the noise goes away. I spoke to my dealer and they hinted it may be the clutch?? They are quoting 8 hours labor to find out. If it is throwout bearing it is warranty. If it is clutch the repair is on me since I had it tuned. I guess it is time for the Stage 2! I am not risking a grand on something I can fix myself. Unit has 138 miles on it.

Last edited:

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Mine has developed a chirping noise that goes away as soon as you touch the clutch pedal. With the engine idling you can see the clutch lever moving around. If you place your hand on it the noise goes away. I spoke to my dealer and they hinted it may be the clutch?? They are quoting 8 hours labor to find out. If it is throwout bearing it is warranty. If it is clutch the repair is on me since I had it tuned. I guess it is time for the Stage 2! I am not risking a grand on something I can fix myself. Unit has 238 miles on it.

I believe they specifically say you need a better clutch if you go beyond stage 2

Doshounds

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I believe they specifically say you need a better clutch if you go beyond stage 2

If I have to pull the transmission to repair the throwout bearing I will just up grade the clutch while I am there. It appears it may not be the throwout bearing after all. Kinda bummed. Lol. I was looking forward to the upgrade, however, I am satisfied with the current tune.

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If I have to pull the transmission to repair the throwout bearing I will just up grade the clutch while I am there. It appears it may not be the throwout bearing after all. Kinda bummed. Lol. I was looking forward to the upgrade, however, I am satisfied with the current tune.
Interesting, what does it seem like it is?

shawnr

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
On mine the noise is intermittent comes and goes if you push on the bar that the space cylinder pushes on it stops making noise

Doshounds

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Interesting, what does it seem like it is?

I am not sure yet. I have been working like crazy and haven't had time to dig into it. My dealer told me Mahindra told them it was the power steering belt??? My first reaction was WTF?! I am going to do the EGR delete this week and will jack with it then. I am also going to see if there is a grease zerk on the shift fork going into the throwout bearing. If so, I will pump some grease in there and see if that quiets it down. We will see.

shawnr

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
There is no grease zerks down there and I tried to put a dab of grease in where the slave cylinder meets the shift fork that did not help at all either

Bill Patridge

Founding Member
Hey guys, does the slave cylinder have an adjustable push rod where it contacts the t.o. bearing arm....if so back it off a couple of threads ...that will move the engagement closer to the floor but that should stop the contact of the t.o. bearing and clutch fingers......I've done this before to quiet things before....just my 2 cts..

Taylor

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Has anyone figured out the chirping noise coming from the clutch? Mine just started doing it when I went to park it. I just bought mine today and currently have 16 miles on it.

IMG_20190102_135513439.jpg

B

Bister

Doshounds

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The adjustment of the clutch pedal corrected mine. It just took up the slack and is keeping the throwout bearing quiet.

Taylor

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I am curious have you been able to get license plates in Benton?
No I haven't had any luck getting license plates for it. The Illinois dmv don't and will not license utv. I have recently heard that Tennessee license them and provides a VIN number once you license them then you can transfer it to your state? I haven't looked into it yet but will when I get some time. If anyone else finds out let me know thanks.

Finn

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
No I haven't had any luck getting license plates for it. The Illinois dmv don't and will not license utv. I have recently heard that Tennessee license them and provides a VIN number once you license them then you can transfer it to your state? I haven't looked into it yet but will when I get some time. If anyone else finds out let me know thanks.
Y
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated!

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Y
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated!
I live in Minnesota and bought my Roxor in Northern Michigan the dealership took care of the whole process of getting the vehicle inspected and just waiting on the new vin and on road new title. After the process is done I will transfer the Roxor to minnesota with zero problems.