ooooooooooo

Street legal Utah

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hi Cj2rox: I have two Roxors with Gilomen Stage 2 tuned ECUs.
Terry at Gilomem can program the ECU so the EGR valve stayes closed (exhaust will not recirculate back into the engine). That way I did not need ro mess with removing and blocking pipes.
Just put a note with your order ans day you want the EGR to remain closed.
I was thinking of just doing the stage 1. I have a manual just don't want things to wear out. What about grid heater time? Just heard clutch can wear out faster with 2

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
As for clutch durability, I can only speak to road use. I use my Roxor(s) for weekend roadtrips all over the Phoenix metro area (down to Tucson and up to Flagstaff).
After 1000 miles, no issues. I really dont think that even a stage 2 tune is a lot of torque.
If you get a Roxor on a challenging trail, you may burn a clutch no matter what tune you have. I don't know.
My use case was being able to keep up on reasonably flat highways at 60 - 65 mph.
I will say that though: I do spin the 33 inch tires with the stage 2 on gravel roads.

What us you concern with the grid heater?
Just had a friend roxor guy inquire about it. He used Diesel Freaks but they are too pricy. Do u take your Rox on I10? I don't intend to do serious trail riding. I did all that in my CJ in younger days.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I take my Roxor on state highways (e.g. 60, 89, etc). Interstates are a no go - illegal in AZ (and probably any other state).
Well, funny you ask about freeways. One time last year, I drove about 30 miles on I-40 in northern Arizona between Williams and Ash Fork. There are only dirt roads, which would have doubled the miles and time. So, I chanced it. At 7000 ft altitude and a decent multi-mile climb, the Stage 2 got me up to 55 mph. I hoped to not get caught on a freeway. Semis and cars flew past me. Not something I need to repeat any time soon.
Good luck with your decision on the ECU.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I take my Roxor on state highways (e.g. 60, 89, etc). Interstates are a no go - illegal in AZ (and probably any other state).
Well, funny you ask about freeways. One time last year, I drove about 30 miles on I-40 in northern Arizona between Williams and Ash Fork. There are only dirt roads, which would have doubled the miles and time. So, I chanced it. At 7000 ft altitude and a decent multi-mile climb, the Stage 2 got me up to 55 mph. I hoped to not get caught on a freeway. Semis and cars flew past me. Not something I need to repeat any time soon.
Good luck with your decision on the ECU.
Have you done any other performance mods besides the boost valve with the stage 2?

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Nothing besides the boost valve and Stage 2.
I should have my tune back from Gilomen on Friday. I got the boost valve does there kit come with extra hose or do I have to work with the tiny stock one?

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The last ECU I got back in November had tubing on the boost valve. The ECU I got early in 2020, did not have the tubing attached. Its a standard size you can get at any autoparts store anyway.

Careful when you pull the rubber tube off the plastic nipple. I scored the end of the tube with a utility knife.

When I install the boost valve, I made sure it tubing does neither kink nor touch the engine block. To achieve this, I trimmed the rubber tube assymmetrically.
I installed the boost valve with a short length of rubber tubing where it slips over the metal tube (left, looking from the bumper into the engine bay) and a longer piece of tubing where it slips of the the plastic nipple.