ooooooooooo

Street legal Utah

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Utah is pretty easy to get Rox Street legal UTV. I talked with one local guy here but haven't been able to find our conversation again. I bought my Rox out of state. All I had to do is put on a signal kit and mirrors then took to local dealer to have it inspected. Got title inspection and safety inspection, the dealer didn't charge for the service. Took two forms down to the DMV and walked away with a Cute little license plate. So if your in Utah no need to Use Dirt legal.

Captain

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I can confirm the ease of getting street legal in Utah. I've run all over the place with no issues.

In addition to signals and mirrors, you technically also need a lamp to illuminate the license plate (that came with the signal kit I used) and red reflectors on the rear (I put some adhesive strips I got from Lowes on the bumper). When I got my inspection, the guy specifically looked for the red reflectors. If you don't have a windshield, you are required to wear eye protection. You can get the title and safety inspection at any place that does normal automotive safety/emissions inspections. There is no emissions inspection required (street-legal ATV's follow the emissions requirements of motorcycles, which don't require inspections).

You are legal anywhere but interstate highways, and select highways in Salt Lake county (a "county of the first class").

Full details and additional requirements (e.g., tire size limitations) are here: Utah Code Section 41-6a-1509. The Roxor is an "All-terrain type II vehicle" (Utah Code Section 41-22-2).

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I can confirm the ease of getting street legal in Utah. I've run all over the place with no issues.

In addition to signals and mirrors, you technically also need a lamp to illuminate the license plate (that came with the signal kit I used) and red reflectors on the rear (I put some adhesive strips I got from Lowes on the bumper). When I got my inspection, the guy specifically looked for the red reflectors. If you don't have a windshield, you are required to wear eye protection. You can get the title and safety inspection at any place that does normal automotive safety/emissions inspections. There is no emissions inspection required (street-legal ATV's follow the emissions requirements of motorcycles, which don't require inspections).

You are legal anywhere but interstate highways, and select highways in Salt Lake county (a "county of the first class").

Full details and additional requirements (e.g., tire size limitations) are here: Utah Code Section 41-6a-1509. The Roxor is an "All-terrain type II vehicle" (Utah Code Section 41-22-2).
Thank you I've been looking for the actual rules. I have a windshield and the license plate bracket. Can you share what kind of reflectors?

Last edited:

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'm just North of you in Clearfield have you ran it on 89 or places where speed limit is over 50mph. I want to drive it to work but one road does go to 55 for the last 3 miles??

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have;). The only place I don't go is the freeway, but Captain hit the nail on the head.

Captain

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm just North of you in Clearfield have you ran it on 89 or places where speed limit is over 50mph. I want to drive it to work but one road does go to 55 for the last 3 miles??

I have;). The only place I don't go is the freeway, but Captain hit the nail on the head.

Same. I've run all over the place (excluding the freeway, and including places on 89 where speed limit is over 50mph) with no issues. I do stick to the right-hand lane if more than one is available. I suggest you get an ECM tune if you haven't already, so you can accelerate more quickly and get rid of the speed governor. I've got the DieselFreak Stage 2 and it's treated me well.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Same. I've run all over the place (excluding the freeway, and including places on 89 where speed limit is over 50mph) with no issues. I do stick to the right-hand lane if more than one is available. I suggest you get an ECM tune if you haven't already, so you can accelerate more quickly and get rid of the speed governor. I've got the DieselFreak Stage 2 and it's treated me well.
Mine already goes 55 but I hate it when I hit the gov. Stage 1 would be plenty. Why should I go to stage 2? Just curious. I was looking at the Gilomen tune $300 for either tune

Captain

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Why should I go to stage 2? Just curious

I'm sure stage 1 would be fine. I just went with "more power is better" for not much more money. :)

Can you share what kind of reflectors?

There are plenty of ways to go about it, but I used a couple strips like these: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hillman-6-in-Reflective-Red-Tape/1000939958.

IMG_2096.jpg

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'm sure stage 1 would be fine. I just went with "more power is better" for not much more money. :)

There are plenty of ways to go about it, but I used a couple strips like these: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hillman-6-in-Reflective-Red-Tape/1000939958.

View attachment 8542
Did u have to do any engine mods for stage 2. With the Gilomen tune its the same price for either for stage 2 they suggest a new boost valve. Im old fashion and I like my stuff to last. Whats the benefits of 2 over 1?

Last edited:

Captain

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Did u have to do any engine mods for stage 2

With the price of the tune, they give you a boost valve that is easily installed (though hard to reach). That's it. If you want to learn more about the differences between stage 1 and stage 2, and the benefits/drawbacks, I suggest calling Wade at DieselFreak.

IMG_2097.jpeg

Some recommend a new intake connection kit, even without a tune (All roxors leak boost! - Team ROXOR Forum - Unofficial Mahindra ROXOR Off-road Community!). I haven't done this, though, since I don't have any signs of leaking (like the picture in the link).

IMG_2097.jpeg

Last edited:

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Same here. Couldn't agree more

Ranger Bob

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine already goes 55 but I hate it when I hit the gov. Stage 1 would be plenty. Why should I go to stage 2? Just curious. I was looking at the Gilomen tune $300 for either tune
I did the Gilomen Stage 1. It will go about 73mph. The throttle response is much, much better and a lot quicker. $300 was a pretty good bang for the buck.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I did the Gilomen Stage 1. It will go about 73mph. The throttle response is much, much better and a lot quicker. $300 was a pretty good bang for the buck.
Exactly can't see why to pay twice that for the same tune. The Gilomen its 300 or either I just want to know the benefits of going stage 2. 1 Is all I will need

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
How long did it take to get it back once you shipped it out?

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
How long did it take to get it back once you shipped it out?
I did Gilomen stage 2, if u have a manual you’ll be ok. I have an auto and it’s horrible! I’m gonna pay to have wade at diesel freaks do his. I’ve found any automatics... Wade has it figured out.
Took about 2 days from Gilomen

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I did Gilomen stage 2, if u have a manual you’ll be ok. I have an auto and it’s horrible! I’m gonna pay to have wade at diesel freaks do his. I’ve found any automatics... Wade has it figured out.
Took about 2 days from Gilomen
I have manual