ooooooooooo

Street Legal in WV

BoxofRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I am trying to find out the same thing. That law is precisely why I bought my Roxor. With the "covid" slowdowns the DMV is ten times more worthless than usual. I do know we are good to go, the bill text specifically calls out Mahindra type utility vehicles. They're calling them a "Special Purpose Vehicle." I've attached the DMV application form if you don't already have it.

Attachments

• DMV-SPV1-TR_Special-Purpose-Vehicle-Certification.pdf
    511.9 KB · Views: 436

BoxofRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Guess there's not too many of us in WV? Where are you guys ?

EDIT:

I think I have this figured out. I called Charleston and talked to Sarah in special plates. To get your Roxor legal you'll need your WV title number, proof of insurance, the form I attached in the last post, and $16. You have to make an appointment to go to any DMV right now, and this can't be done online or the phone, I checked. Take your paperwork with you and they'll give you a temporary motorcycle plate, they're working on the SPV permanent plates but don't have them designed and ready yet, they'll be motorcycle size. You can then take your Roxor to an inspection station and they'll inspect it, I believe with a motorcycle sticker.

Last edited:

BoxofRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Update for those who search for this info in WV. Everything I posted above is spot on. I got my temp tags yesterday and spoke with my local inspection guy, he confirmed that the street legal Roxors get a motorcycle sticker. I hope to get it by his shop for the sticker this evening or tomorrow after work.

UMhaus

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Attached is the info the DMV sent me. Earliest appointment I could get for my tags is the 11th. Very straightforward and exactly what you stated above. Any issues with your inspection?

Attachments

• MEMO-ATV, UTV Registration Procedures & Requirements.pdf
    1,017.4 KB · Views: 712

BoxofRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Attached is the info the DMV sent me. Earliest appointment I could get for my tags is the 11th. Very straightforward and exactly what you stated above. Any issues with your inspection?

Glad you got your appointment. It'll be quick and easy once you do go in, and how cheap it is actually surprised me. Well worth it in my opinion.

I haven't gotten my sticker yet, been too busy this week to get over to the shop I use. I did call him, however, and he confirmed that the directive he's been given is that the SPVs get a motorcycle sticker. I don't foresee any issues, I have all the street legal requirements called for in the bill on my Roxor.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Greeting Gentlemen,
Looks like I will be moving to WV here in the next month or so. Any tips or advise would appreciated.

BoxofRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Find yourself a good local inspection shop that won't give you the runaround on "your car needs x y and z to pass, and we can do that for you if you want to wait." This applies to all your vehicles, lots of shops use the inspection requirements to try and extort you, a good shop won't.

Have plenty of time if you plan to walk in to the DMV, wait times can be excessive. If they're still doing appointments I highly recommend making one.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Find yourself a good local inspection shop that won't give you the runaround on "your car needs x y and z to pass, and we can do that for you if you want to wait." This applies to all your vehicles, lots of shops use the inspection requirements to try and extort you, a good shop won't.

Have plenty of time if you plan to walk in to the DMV, wait times can be excessive. If they're still doing appointments I highly recommend making one.
Great info thank you.