ooooooooooo

Starters defect

Skymarc

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have 2 starters slipping on 2 Roxors, Did anyone had issues before and have one replaced under warranty? Its less than 1 year old since purchase.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
no issues that I have heard of with the starter. If they are under warranty, I would take them in.

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’ve seen a couple guys complain on the Facebook pages, under warranty, but cause was that it was water intrusion and needed to be sealed better than from factory.

M151

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have 2 starters slipping on 2 Roxors, Did anyone had issues before and have one replaced under warranty? Its less than 1 year old since purchase.

Slipping? Please explain.

Harvey Cannon

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I had problem with mine, it was full of dirt. Took it apart, cleaned it up, sealed it up with sealer in the opening it has. That was 10k miles ago with no more problems. It was an easy fix. It would have taken a full day to take it in to the dealer. It took less than hour to fix it.

Skymarc

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have replaced about 6 starters out of warranty over 4 Roxors In the last 3 years. At least its the only thing that breaks on these.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I think it's possible the starters have a defect but to be honest it's probably a lot more likely the owners submerged the starter and got mud in them......

Ron

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I had problem with mine, it was full of dirt. Took it apart, cleaned it up, sealed it up with sealer in the opening it has. That was 10k miles ago with no more problems. It was an easy fix. It would have taken a full day to take it in to the dealer. It took less than hour to fix it.
They really don't like mud/water. My first one went at 5000 miles. My Roxor is for work when it is too wet and muddy for my truck. 75% of the mileage on it is plowing through thick sticky mud. So unless I figure out how to seal it up as you suggest, it will be a part I always have on hand. I read in the forums somewhere that sealing them was as bad as the dirt/water. How exactly did you do it and how long has it been since you did it?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Diesel freaks has an aftermarket heavy duty version. Supposed to be better sealed and last longer.

Reactions: Ron

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Diesel freaks has an aftermarket heavy duty version. Supposed to be better sealed and last longer.
It's an Alternative, not a heavy duty version. It hasn't been tested to prove it's robustness.

On The Rox has an actual heavy duty unit.

Reactions: Ron

Ron

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I went to their site and it's the same price as the stock one I just ordered off eBay. In the description Diesel Freaks says they don't know if it is as good or better than stock, just it's an alternative to the stock starter. Has anyone tested this one yet?

Ron

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It's an Alternative, not a heavy duty version. It hasn't been tested to prove it's robustness.

On The Rox has an actual heavy duty unit.
Thank you. I just checked their site. They are out of stock right now, but it definitely looks heavy duty. I will probably be ordering one next time.

subbox

Roxor Ownership
Do not own
Have ready stock available,Genuine OEM Bosch STarter motor,7 Day delivery in US with FedEx Express

Motor.jpg

Ron

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Have ready stock available,Genuine OEM Bosch STarter motor,7 Day delivery in US with FedEx Express

View attachment 11279
I just ordered a OEM starter from eBay for $278 CAD. Yours seems a bit over priced. See what I get, maybe I will get hosed.

Ron

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
On The Rox has the heavy duty one back in stock. I just ordered one so I guess I'll keep the OEM for a spare. Darn, I knew I should have checked this forum before I ordered it!

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I just ordered a OEM starter from eBay for $278 CAD. Yours seems a bit over priced. See what I get, maybe I will get hosed.
I can’t speak for his pricing or products but I have inquired in the past from an Indian supplier on the Roxor group on Facebook and his prices were reasonable but when the shipping is factored in it made a fair price become really expensive. The heavier the item the worst the pricing was. I’m assuming his eBay pricing reflects the high cost if shipping. It says free shipping but that’s just added back into the product pricing. Nothing is ever free, somebody has to pay for it. what it boils down to is availability and what your willing to spend. Parts are available if your willing to pay the shipping.