ooooooooooo

Speed Limiter Increase

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am working on getting my Roxor reregistered as a mini truck to be street legal in Louisiana. I have a friend that has done this and drives his all over. You just have to stay on roads that have a posted speed limit of 55 MPH or less.
One of the other mini truck restrictions is that the machine must have a top speed of no more than 65 MPH. I am wondering if anyone knows how or where I could have the limiter increased to 55 or 60? I realize I could have a tune done and completely remove it but that wouldnt comply with the La rules. Im not looking for extra power or anything, Id just like to drive a little faster on the roads.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I should have thought to call Diesel Freaks before I posted this but maybe it will help someone else. Wade said they can change the limiter to whatever I want without tuning.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Ive thought about getting the stage 1 but I don’t understand enough about any potential negative effects. Ive been told there really aren't any but I haven't read up on it enough to feel comfortable with it yet.

B

Bister

Ive thought about getting the stage 1 but I don’t understand enough about any potential negative effects. Ive been told there really aren't any but I haven't read up on it enough to feel comfortable with it yet.
The engine is de-tuned from what it originally puts out, so a stage 1 tune just brings it back up to where is was before or close. After I got mine done, I felt it is less stressful on it cause I don't have to rev it up as much and push it to drive it and I can now use 5th gear. I just putt around my trails and a bit of back roads, but even a stage 1 makes it way more drivable. It was more than enough for me. The only negative I can see is that you will burn more fuel cause you won't want to quit driving it. lol

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I agree Bister, it is much easier and the amount of torque that is gained allows for smoother quieter operation while using less throttle.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The engine is de-tuned from what it originally puts out, so a stage 1 tune just brings it back up to where is was before or close. After I got mine done, I felt it is less stressful on it cause I don't have to rev it up as much and push it to drive it and I can now use 5th gear. I just putt around my trails and a bit of back roads, but even a stage 1 makes it way more drivable. It was more than enough for me. The only negative I can see is that you will burn more fuel cause you won't want to quit driving it. lol
This is fairy much what the guy at the dealership told me. You are definitely pushing me further toward a tune.

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
This is fairy much what the guy at the dealership told me. You are definitely pushing me further toward a tune.
I’ve been thinking about regi as a mini truck in Louisiana.
how do you get around the VIN number issue and the off road only on the certificate of origin?

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’ve been thinking about regi as a mini truck in Louisiana.
how do you get around the VIN number issue and the off road only on the certificate of origin?
My friend just took his MSO, proof of insurance, and an inspection afidavit from the state police to the DMV and they registered it as a mini truck. It still gets an Offroad sticker, no license plate, but its legal on roads with 55 MPH or lower speed limits. Im still getting everything done to get it inspected then I’ll be ready to go to the DMV. I have a registration certificate already that shows the Roxor number as the VIN, it just doesn’t show mini truck or the same class code as my friend’s does.
Here’s a link to the Louisiana Mini Truck Policy.
https://www.powerdms.com/public/LADPSC/documents/371084

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My friend just took his MSO, proof of insurance, and an inspection afidavit from the state police to the DMV and they registered it as a mini truck. It still gets an Offroad sticker, no license plate, but its legal on roads with 55 MPH or lower speed limits. Im still getting everything done to get it inspected then I’ll be ready to go to the DMV. I have a registration certificate already that shows the Roxor number as the VIN, it just doesn’t show mini truck or the same class code as my friend’s does.
Here’s a link to the Louisiana Mini Truck Policy.
https://www.powerdms.com/public/LADPSC/documents/371084
Did they give you any problems about the off road only on the MSO?

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I found out that since it has already been titled, I have to have it re-titled as a mini-truck. Do do that, I have to have the lien released from the bank. Working on paying it off soon so I can do that. Nothing is as easy as it sounds, apparently.

wpatter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
This is how I registered mine in Arkansas. There is no inspection here so all i had to do was go to the DMV without the Roxor and i walked out with a plate. Still need to do a couple things to make it legal on the road but I really haven't worried about it. Blinkers are the next thing I have to put on it.

MPB60

This is how I registered mine in Arkansas. There is no inspection here so all i had to do was go to the DMV without the Roxor and i walked out with a plate. Still need to do a couple things to make it legal on the road but I really haven't worried about it. Blinkers are the next thing I have to put on it.
It was that simple? Do you drive it on the road much?