ooooooooooo

Slotted Grill with Signal Cut-Outs

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The 'jeep' term predates the Jeep brand name. Broncos and Blazers and Scouts and Cruisers were all called 'jeeps' at some point or another. Calling a Roxor a 'jeep' is not a bad thing. I like Jeeps, just not new ones, or those without a pair of solid axles. I doubt I'll ever buy one without at least one set of leaf springs again.

Trebz

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Dirt Legal is still showing the aluminum classic six slot grill with a wrinkle black or satin black powder coat option as well as bare aluminum. It is pre cut/drilled. As stated from their site - "Grill comes predrilled for the Willys Turn Signal Lights" I think this may be the same grill that used to be listed at the On the Rox site. I have one from OtR and it was a well-machined solid piece.

Just picked up my Roxor today. I added the grill and turn signal lights from Diesel Freak. I really like the look.

8BA5CB50-7658-45C1-AB0B-67587389517B.jpeg

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I would have been just as happy if the Roxor was a closer resemblance to Land Rover defender,Toyota F-40 , early Bronco, ( GM never made anything comparable) some Scouts . There were others,Samurai ( a favorate ) ( a MB unimog Pensauer,and some limited almost one offs. I mean Jeep was never perfect , even the CJ 7 had its dislikes.

Trebz

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You are correct. They are now gone. It was called the willys grille wrinkle black, but they must have been getting them from OTR.

Tokarev

There are some slotted grills on Ebay for those wanting such a critter.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

MNROXOR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
There are some slotted grills on Ebay for those wanting such a critter.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
I made my own grill. This was my first one out of thin steel. I will be making more this week out of Aluminum. Will have them made for willys turn signals and made with no turn signals. $200 bare aluminum or $275 powder coated
95776C00-5CF8-4917-8CB2-16971B8B9196.jpeg

MNROXOR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I went to put the OTR product on my Xmas list since it looked perfect for what I wanted and was surprised to see that OTR does not sell these anymore. Not sure why. I see some on Ebay but the only ones that have the cutouts are raw aluminum and I want something that is plug and play - no painting. See anyone else out there selling something close to the black slotted grille with signal cutouts that OTR sold before?
I make them out of aluminum that can be powder coated gloss black or wrinkle black. $275 powder coated.

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Thanks nice job on that. I called Dirt Legal and they had 2 OTR slotted grills left plug and play with Willys turn signals included. I bought one of them and it arrived today.

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
7 slots! Love it when the Jeep folks count and then look confused.

20191017_123948.jpg

MNROXOR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’m will be talking to the powder coater this afternoon about OD green and will get price of white.

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I made my own grill. This was my first one out of thin steel. I will be making more this week out of Aluminum. Will have them made for willys turn signals and made with no turn signals. $200 bare aluminum or $275 powder coatedView attachment 5054
Could you message me when you are set up? I'd like the turn signal ready, power coated, if it will be black.....

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thicker material like aluminum should fit better, closer to the molded FRP original. I made mine out of stainless,needed quite a few adjustments......( had to cut a hole in radiator shroud for access,then a stainless cover for my hole )