ooooooooooo

Shocks

Lwhite5

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Looking to upgrade my shocks, my roxor does have a leveling kit. I am looking for some shocks that will help drastically with off-roading. I know Mahindra sells the bilstein kit but I am looking for other options. Thanks

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
All depends on who much you want to spend, and what you use your Roxor for. the universal shocks like the one shipped with a lot of the lift kits do well but not as well as a set specificity valved for the Roxor.

You can get fox or kings valved for you but you’ll probably spend $800 minimum but the ride will be wonderful.

I use down south motorsports for shock purchases and tuning.

https://downsouthmotorsports.com

Going with a rancho or fox off the self shock will still help but the best way to smooth out your ride on the trail is to get a bigger tire and run less air. The Roxor is happy right around 12psi with 33ish tire. It will make a world of a difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tonopah

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Max A: I showed my son-in-law your post (above). He owns an auto mechanics shop in Phoenix. He is ordering new steel wheels that are properly backspaced so I can ditch the 1 1/2 in spacers, plus flotation MT tires that can be aired down as you suggested. Plus Fox 3.0 shocks. Thanks for costing me a lot of money. :)

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Max A: I showed my son-in-law your post (above). He owns an auto mechanics shop in Phoenix. He is ordering new steel wheels that are properly backspaced so I can ditch the 1 1/2 in spacers, plus flotation MT tires that can be aired down as you suggested. Plus Fox 3.0 shocks. Thanks for costing me a lot of money. :)

Fox 3.0? That’s a huge shock body!

I had 15x8 wheels on mine with 3 inch back spacing. Worked great.

I ordered custom valved king 2.5 (front) and 2.0 (rear) remote reservoir shocks for my roxor build. Only problem is king shut down due to the beer virus so who knows when I’ll get them. 5 week build time for the shocks they shut down 2 weeks into the 5 week wait.

Tonopah

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I hope he knows what he is doing -- I trust those shocks will fit but I guess we'll see.

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I hope he knows what he is doing -- I trust those shocks will fit but I guess we'll see.

If they fit it will probably be one of the smoothest roxors around!

Tonopah

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hope so. I am 72 years old but in generally good shape. Love driving the Roxor around the ranch property and also into town, but on uneven terrain it does beat me up a bit.

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What did you end up doing?

Tonopah

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Bilsteins. The Fox shock body was too big. Aired BFG tires down to 20psi and with the better shocks, the ride is fine.