Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
A nice spot east of Tucson.
DD2E92F4-4197-47EA-A3B6-FE5A609FF731.jpeg

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Both animals in my pic are considered invasive species. There’s bounties placed on hogs in certain counties here in Texas and many landowners that have them want them eradicated. The cattle guy at our lease wants us to shoot a lot more axis because they consume more grass than a native whitetail and are in direct competition for forage with his cattle. Your welcome to your opinion no matter how wrong it is. Perhaps hunting where your from is done in that matter because that is all the law allows, I don’t know as I’m ignorant on the laws where your from. I highly doubt they are all using single shot rifles. Daylight sure that’s the law here in Texas for game animals. Oh yea both animals I have on my rack are considered non game animals, your free to shoot them 24/7 365 by any means you wish. Texas is completely different than other parts of the country and I ask that you respect the hunting culture we have here.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The UP of Michigan is if nothing else , a land of deer harvesting. There are usually more deer than food to survive our harsh winters. The “ deer camp “ way of life has been the standard for many,many years. First off , you are not aloud to shoot from a moving vehicle. Nor nites with big floods, and blaring hard rock. We have four wheelers who will destroy my woods , big ruts, really stupid driving, I have 500 acres behind my house, I welcome all who will respect the area and it’s natural returning to forest, deep woods often so remote getting lost is a daily event. .......I know about how it works here in Texas, I do not like it , just my way, but it’s your way, I am but a guest. I wish I could find some forest trails I could use this Roxor on. ...so far it just sitting asiide my motor coach here in Kerrville.

i303

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That's one of the things I like about the fold-down windshield, it makes it easier to shoot from the vehicle.
Unfortunately I went with BACK with a non folding (CJ) windshield. Tha passenger seat of a Rox without a windshield makes a great shooting position. Except only for either target practice of go to war, because we can't hunt from a vehicle. Not legal in AZ.

That's my 11 yo son. We just put that AR together from the spare parts I had. So now it's his. Iron sights until he can hit the 3/4 size IPSC steel at 340 meters 10 times with 10 rounds prone, and 5 out of 5 rounds standing supported BEFORE I allow him to use any optics. Why 340? That's the furthest we can get at this spot.

RoxorSE

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
SE #052
That's good. I started out with peep sights at that age and got a good grounding in marksmanship using iron sights. The skill never left me. It's as basic as a CJ with leaf springs.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The pigs in Texas (and all across the south honestly) are actually a very serious agricultural problem, thankfully though, with very tasty solutions. I got some Texas buddies I gotta visit, and maybe help you boys out with that pig problem.

Bacon. Reload. Repeat.

Last edited:

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Both animals in my pic are considered invasive species. There’s bounties placed on hogs in certain counties here in Texas and many landowners that have them want them eradicated. The cattle guy at our lease wants us to shoot a lot more axis because they consume more grass than a native whitetail and are in direct competition for forage with his cattle. Your welcome to your opinion no matter how wrong it is. Perhaps hunting where your from is done in that matter because that is all the law allows, I don’t know as I’m ignorant on the laws where your from. I highly doubt they are all using single shot rifles. Daylight sure that’s the law here in Texas for game animals. Oh yea both animals I have on my rack are considered non game animals, your free to shoot them 24/7 365 by any means you wish. Texas is completely different than other parts of the country and I ask that you respect the hunting culture we have here.
Are these “ pigs” Feral ? I know this is a problem most places.......what about Wolves , Coyotes ,Fox ??

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Are these “ pigs” Feral ?

Yes, and they destroy massive amounts of crops annually.

The others are under control harvest in most places (I know of) as the impact has not been deemed extensive enough to open no-limit harvest. I know in my area, coyotes are so problematic they are open no-limit harvest. See em, shoot em. Also, there was significant pressure on the DNR to open controlled harvest for wolves too, as they are certainly not endangered in our area. Until they did, it was SSS (shoot shovel shut-up) if the animals caused/posed harm to people/property. This way, the problem can be solved, and tracked, in a controlled way.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yes, and they destroy massive amounts of crops annually.

The others are under control harvest in most places (I know of) as the impact has not been deemed extensive enough to open no-limit harvest. I know in my area, coyotes are so problematic they are open no-limit harvest. See em, shoot em. Also, there was significant pressure on the DNR to open controlled harvest for wolves too, as they are certainly not endangered in our area. Until they did, it was SSS (shoot shovel shut-up) if the animals caused/posed harm to people/property. This way, the problem can be solved, and tracked, in a controlled way.
Glad to see you follow the rules, in Texas. Like the laws or not the rules remain, I am not intending to change anything in Texas. Hell, it’s one Star before State....till they needed help Nationaly and became a state....1848 or so ?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Pigs are feral and definitely a problem in places here. Here’s a little info about the problem and includes pics of damages caused by hogs. http://icwdm.org/Publications/pdf/Feral Pig/Txferalhogs.pdf

Coyotes too but less so in that they don’t destroy pastures and only pets and livestock but are easily controlled via trapping and shooting. No wolves in Texas. Foxes are here but typically aren’t a problem.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Pigs are feral and definitely a problem in places here. Here’s a little info about the problem and includes pics of damages caused by hogs. http://icwdm.org/Publications/pdf/Feral Pig/Txferalhogs.pdf

Coyotes too but less so in that they don’t destroy pastures and only pets and livestock but are easily controlled via trapping and shooting. No wolves in Texas. Foxes are here but typically aren’t a problem.
neveryart of the country is different. ......as I found out driving north of Kerrville the other night , an entire herd of your small deer ran across in front of me....required quick braking ! Up north our deer are large and usually only travel in one or two.