ooooooooooo

Sealing under seat storage boxes?

UtahHunter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Has anyone come up with a reliable method of sealing the under seat storage boxes in a Roxor? For now, anything I put in there goes in a dry bag or waterproof box that I can seal. But, it would be a lot easier if you could seal the boxes themselves. Thanks for any suggestions!

UtahHunter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Bolts with large washers would seal the drain holes, but I see silicone caulk only as a "permanent" solution to sealing the boxes. I need some type of seal that allows me to open and close them.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Has anyone come up with a reliable method of sealing the under seat storage boxes in a Roxor? For now, anything I put in there goes in a dry bag or waterproof box that I can seal. But, it would be a lot easier if you could seal the boxes themselves. Thanks for any suggestions!
I just put everything in waterproof bags and put them under there. No problems.

UtahHunter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Woodsman7488, that's what I do, too. I just wondered if there was a better way....

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You can seal the drains with bolts and rubber or plastic washers. The doors are the problems. I tired some foam gaskets but wasn’t happy with the way they fit and sealed. The doors aren‘t true and flat. They bend easy and as such are hard to get them to seal consistently. I could either get the doors to seal but hard to shut or to shut but not completely seal.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(

I gave up on anything in there that makes a s h i t staying dry. I mounted a GEAR BOX behind my seats. I mounted some track to the floor and used some old aircraft seat studs from an old G III I had laying in a box of track fasteners I had.

It's bolted down solid. Takes 2 minutes to spin off the threaded retaining washers. Pull the box and the track fasteners slide out if you need the floor for other items. I store, jack, tire pump, plugs, rain gear, tools, come a long, rags, coolant, oil and lots of stuff. It's full! Lol.

Here are a few pics with it installed. I basically plan on it being there 100% of the time.

BDRAG

roxor truk trak 3.jpgRoxor Antenna 3.jpgRoxor Antenna 4.jpg Roxor Antenna 2 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

Look on amazon for black lab stoppers. I would think they would hold nicely and be easily removable. Amazon also has solid rubber grommets that would also work.

Mark Hubbs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I put a strip of heavy aluminum tape over all the holes. Seems to be keeping the pretty dry, but I've never had it in a mud hole. I keep my insurance and registration under the driver seat in a waterproof container just in case.

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm thinking an expandable pipe plugs and then using some round weatherseal glued on with an industrial adhesive would keep that compartment dry and dust free.