ooooooooooo

Seat belt upgrade

Jhop567

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Looked through the postings but was UTL any info on upgrading the driver's and passenger's seatbelts. I bought 2 sets of 3", 5 point belts and harnesses. Anyone have any ideas on how to anchor them? According to the seatbelt instructions they need to be anchored near the top of the seat at a specific angle. I planned on anchoring the into the floor, but am not sure that's the best way to go. Any ideas?

Jhop567

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Make that the shoulder harnesses need to be near the top of the seat.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You might want to look at Max's posts. He may have done something like that. Are you changing out the seats as well?

Dan H.

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Looked through the postings but was UTL any info on upgrading the driver's and passenger's seatbelts. I bought 2 sets of 3", 5 point belts and harnesses. Anyone have any ideas on how to anchor them? According to the seatbelt instructions they need to be anchored near the top of the seat at a specific angle. I planned on anchoring the into the floor, but am not sure that's the best way to go. Any ideas?
You can use the floor side mounts for the belts. The center one is a little over kill unless you rig is heavily modified or you plan on doing some really sketchy stuff. (In that case the stock roll cage is not adequate) The two shoulder mounts need to go on a cross bar mounted behind the seats. They should be about 4" below should height. There are companies that make bolt on tubing mounts to add a roll bar section. TMR Customs makes a good one.

Jhop567

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You might want to look at Max's posts. He may have done something like that. Are you changing out the seats as well?
Thanks I will. No on the seats, I also have an 82 Jeep CJ8 that is a money pit. The Roxor had everything I needed when I bought it used so it's going to stay the way it is until the Jeep is finished...yeah right.

Jhop567

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You can use the floor side mounts for the belts. The center one is a little over kill unless you rig is heavily modified or you plan on doing some really sketchy stuff. (In that case the stock roll cage is not adequate) The two shoulder mounts need to go on a cross bar mounted behind the seats. They should be about 4" below should height. There are companies that make bolt on tubing mounts to add a roll bar section. TMR Customs makes a good one.
Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks I will. No on the seats, I also have an 82 Jeep CJ8 that is a money pit. The Roxor had everything I needed when I bought it used so it's going to stay the way it is until the Jeep is finished...yeah right.
You have a pic of that 82? I love them, we have an 85

Jhop567

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'll post one soon. Also have a late 70's model off road trailer by Helder Welding, Marysville, Ca that was designed and built for the Rubicon. Roof top tent and other goodie$$$ added to it. The '53 Dunbar-Kappel trailer I got 20+ years ago will follow the Roxor on it's trips to the dump etc.

20190424_122129.jpg