ooooooooooo

Roxors no longer available after Monday?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes. You won't be able to buy one after Aug 10th till the 2021's come out, but only if they are approved by the ITC with a deadline of sometime in Oct. If you check the Roxor webpage, all images of the current model are being scrubbed. Check the accessories page, you'll see what I mean. As of the 10th, I am sure the rest of the current model images will be scrubbed.
The entire parts catalog has been scrubbed now. Crazy. I guess it’s down while they edit the pics and most likely body panel parts from it.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
There is one important nouance affecting the sale of Roxors after today.

A dealer explained to me that after 10 August, they can no longer sell NEW Roxors until MY 2021 arrives. This particular dealer outright bought their 2019 and 2020 inventory from Mahindra and sells them as USED Roxors after today. (I did not ask what this means for the warranty).

Dealers do not need to make room for new inventory. There is good demand for Roxors. The dealer I talked to told me that their prices are higher now for 2020s than they were a year ago for 2019s. Supply and demand.
This shows that the Roxor is a popular platform regardless.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Warranty starts from date put into service Regardless of model year. How much you wanna bet they can claim them as “demo models” and still start warranty from the date you purchased them? Worst case they are all went into demo status last week so Warranty isn’t affected as much and/or the dealer springs for an additional warranty at no cost or very low cost. Plenty of ways to skin a cat here.

oldgreybull

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The WA perspective regarding how the economy is reacting to the present state of affairs is, well, different than what we're experiencing in central FL. News stories here abound about boat and RV sales setting new records. I sold a boat in 2 days for asking price and I'm waiting delivery of new one 8 weeks away - no inventory. Local RV dealers are normally jam packed with inventory now their lots are half empty; they can't keep RVs in stock. And yes, manufacturing plants - many in the Elkhart Indiana area - are still cranking out product as fast as they can.
Social distancing has people looking for vacation and entertainment options that don't require mingling with large crowds. I live on a lake and boating activity of all kinds is up significantly.
And of course Home Depot and Lowes is crowed, they're hiring people; do it yourself projects and general construction is driving it.
A friend has a landscaping business - he's working 7 days a week, has hired two extra crews and is having trouble finding nursery stock - which he also grows. New construction is booming and housing inventory is low; vacation home are selling quickly, often for cash.
My mostly rural county is driven by commercial and sport fishing (salt water and fresh), horses, cattle, peanuts, citrus, blue-berries and tourists. A very large portion of our residents are retirees with disposable income.
So a very good and fun product ideal for ranching or four wheeling is just the ticket. My Foxy-Roxy will hold it's value just fine. Plus it makes me grin every time I drive it :)
It's not all bad our there folks, depends on your perspective, my glass is half full.

Roxor 1a (2).jpg

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The WA perspective regarding how the economy is reacting to the present state of affairs is, well, different than what we're experiencing in central FL. News stories here abound about boat and RV sales setting new records. I sold a boat in 2 days for asking price and I'm waiting delivery of new one 8 weeks away - no inventory. Local RV dealers are normally jam packed with inventory now their lots are half empty; they can't keep RVs in stock. And yes, manufacturing plants - many in the Elkhart Indiana area - are still cranking out product as fast as they can.
Social distancing has people looking for vacation and entertainment options that don't require mingling with large crowds. I live on a lake and boating activity of all kinds is up significantly.
And of course Home Depot and Lowes is crowed, they're hiring people; do it yourself projects and general construction is driving it.
A friend has a landscaping business - he's working 7 days a week, has hired two extra crews and is having trouble finding nursery stock - which he also grows. New construction is booming and housing inventory is low; vacation home are selling quickly, often for cash.
My mostly rural county is driven by commercial and sport fishing (salt water and fresh), horses, cattle, peanuts, citrus, blue-berries and tourists. A very large portion of our residents are retirees with disposable income.
So a very good and fun product ideal for ranching or four wheeling is just the ticket. My Foxy-Roxy will hold it's value just fine. Plus it makes me grin every time I drive it :)
It's not all bad our there folks, depends on your perspective, my glass is half full.

View attachment 7198
Very well said, I know here in Utah you cant even find a bicycle in wal-mart (all sold out) people definitely want to get away from it all, so to speak. I personally think these little machines will stay around. Glad I got mine when we did. Love the old school look, I think the 2021s will sell just fine also. Just hope Toyota does not sue them (to me it looks a lot like the FJ :LOL: )

wpatter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Warranty starts from date put into service Regardless of model year. How much you wanna bet they can claim them as “demo models” and still start warranty from the date you purchased them? Worst case they are all went into demo status last week so Warranty isn’t affected as much and/or the dealer springs for an additional warranty at no cost or very low cost. Plenty of ways to skin a cat here.

I was looking at a 2018 demo with 12 miles on it and they were only going to offer a 6 month warranty.

B

Bister

I was looking at a 2018 demo with 12 miles on it and they were only going to offer a 6 month warranty.
I think if its a demo, it's probably been registered Roxor the same as one that has been sold (put in to service, 18 months ago), so that may be all that is left of the 2 year warranty. I believe that would be normal for a demo unit.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I think if its a demo, it's probably been registered Roxor the same as one that has been sold (put in to service, 18 months ago), so that may be all that is left of the 2 year warranty. I believe that would be normal for a demo unit.
Sounds right.

oldgreybull

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Depends on the selling price - and inquire around, I don't hear of many mentions of warranty claims, besides, these aren't complex machines.

Sgtatarms

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I don't care if the value of mine goes up or down. It's not for sale, ever! If the time ever comes that I can't source a part to repair it from SOMEWHERE on planet earth, I'll just put it up on blocks out by the shed so that every time I see it I'll be reminded of how it has made me feel like a teenager again and how the fun I've had was worth far more than the cost!
I'm sure it will long outlast my lifetime and when I'm gone I really won't care anymore.
As for FCA, I'll never buy any of the crappy, overpriced vehicles sold under their banner, period.
There now, I feel better already...

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I don't care if the value of mine goes up or down. It's not for sale, ever! If the time ever comes that I can't source a part to repair it from SOMEWHERE on planet earth, I'll just put it up on blocks out by the shed so that every time I see it I'll be reminded of how it has made me feel like a teenager again and how the fun I've had was worth far more than the cost!
I'm sure it will long outlast my lifetime and when I'm gone I really won't care anymore.
As for FCA, I'll never buy any of the crappy, overpriced vehicles sold under their banner, period.
Lol

B

Bister

Same here, I didn't buy mine to sell. I don't care what the re-sale value or used value is, it's not for sale. I'm not going to be scared into selling like someone else here that said, "I sold mine because I didn't want to be stuck with a rig that I couldn't get parts for" cause of a little law suit and being stuck with a Roxor. My Roxor will be in my garage when I'm at my funeral, then passed down. Love my Roxor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That's pretty much how I feel about it. I figure that by the time it has serious problems, there will be a way to adapt old Jeep (and other brands) parts to make it work. They are easily modified. I tend the think that will be WAY down the road though, especially at the rate I put miles on it. I've had mine a year and it has less than 2,000 miles on it. I'm keepin' mine.

TRUE_GRIT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just talked to a dealer in Indiana as today the dealers that have them in stock will buy their inventory and consider them used after that or the factory will get them back. They will have to wait for the 2021 to sell more. Go figure.

M151

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
These are fine rigs and if they stopped making them tomorrow I personally have no regrets. I barely have 100 miles on the machine I purchased 1 1/2 years ago. Could care less if it goes up or down in value. Built like a tank and made to last. Also, fun to tinker on too.

I've owned an old Land Cruiser and built a Samurai and they were very fine rigs, but the Mahindra is a keeper for me. Love the diesel with new and proven technology.

Who knows where it all goes but my hanger queen is staying.

wpatter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
These are fine rigs and if they stopped making them tomorrow I personally have no regrets. I barely have 100 miles on the machine I purchased 1 1/2 years ago. Could care less if it goes up or down in value. Built like a tank and made to last. Also, fun to tinker on too.

I've owned an old Land Cruiser and built a Samurai and they were very fine rigs, but the Mahindra is a keeper for me. Love the diesel with new and proven technology.

Who knows where it all goes but my hanger queen is staying.

*hit, mine is 3 weeks old and I have been out of town for a week and I already have 125 miles one it!

Last edited:
B

Bister

*hit, mine is 3 weeks old and I gave been out of town for a week and I already have 125 miles one it!
Cool. I'm hitting 7800 miles. First oil change is first tank of fuel, about. Remove the dipstick when you try to pour in the new oil.