ooooooooooo

Roxors no longer available after Monday?

Verpissdich

I have been looking at buying a 2020 and the dealer I have been chatting with tells me that Roxor is picking them all up and they will no longer be for sale due to the lawsuit with FCA and to not expect anything new until the 2021 redesign. Is this accurate? I know that a new one is coming in 2021 that will not be as nostalgic looking, but are they really picking up remaining units that are unsold? That sounds like a bunch of dealer BS to me, but figured you all would be in the know.

BLKSheep

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
blk20
I picked one up two weeks ago. looked around the area and was fortunate that the dealer in the next town still had some inventory. Thinking that I’d shop around I called a few dealers in TN and South AL one dealer stated that they had already shipped three units back, thinking that they wouldn’t sell. So I asked the local dealer and he stated the ones that didn’t sell were to be shipped back by 11 Aug. I was able to pick up the last one he had in stock...

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
They had a court ordered date that they couldn’t sale the existing units after. As been said elsewhere look for built units to be shipped to Canada and/or Mexico/South America as the lawsuit and court order was US based.

B

Bister

Yes. You won't be able to buy one after Aug 10th till the 2021's come out, but only if they are approved by the ITC with a deadline of sometime in Oct. If you check the Roxor webpage, all images of the current model are being scrubbed. Check the accessories page, you'll see what I mean. As of the 10th, I am sure the rest of the current model images will be scrubbed.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That’s crazy. They chopped out the body to only show the accessories.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Wow, what does that mean for those of us with a 18, 19,20?

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I wonder if our value will go up or down? Either way I'm happy with it, just hope it isn't a nightmare too get parts

Verpissdich

I appreciate every one clarifying and I guess the dealer was correct!

Seems crazy to me that the dealer wouldn’t just liquidate them. Definitely concerned about parts though. What a shame.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I appreciate every one clarifying and I guess the dealer was correct!

Seems crazy to me that the dealer wouldn’t just liquidate them. Definitely concerned about parts though. What a shame.
I imagine mahindra guaranteed the a set price for all unsold units or a year model swap for the 21s So that set their bottom dollar price and no need to take a loss/excessive loss when you know after a certain date your guaranteed a certain amount of your money back.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It's a shame, but sadly it was also inevitable.

I really liked my 2018 LE, but since I figured HEEP was going to prevent future sales I sold mine because I didn't want to be stuck with a rig that I couldn't get parts for. I miss it and I wish I was wrong about what transpired.

That said I was always very puzzled as to why so many on this site engaged in hours long legal discussions about this subject. In some of the posts I read the responders devoted hours to writing long diatribes seeming like they thought Jeep's lawyers were going to read this website and their post was going to alter how this dispute was going to unfold. So great were certain people's illusion they even floated an unbelievable fiction that Trump would intervene in between his weekly trips to his golf courses.

Like I said it's a shame because I really liked my roxor. It was a bulletproof design and I would have liked to drive it for the decades it was designed to last. But, I'm not going to waste hours of my day posting about my disappointment. Instead I'm going to get out and have some fun. If Roxor was a deceased relative I'm sure that's what she would want :)

BoxofRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I dont see the issue for those of us who own them. Roxor plans, as I understand it, to keep the drivetrain the same. The body is all that's changing for 2021. All the parts you should ever need will still be available, as they're what's going to be used on the new ones too. Just don't trash your body panels and you'll be fine. Tops and whatnot are probably not going to be made by Mahindra, but it's not like there's a huge selection of those from them anyhow.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I dont see the issue for those of us who own them. Roxor plans, as I understand it, to keep the drivetrain the same. The body is all that's changing for 2021. All the parts you should ever need will still be available, as they're what's going to be used on the new ones too. Just don't trash your body panels and you'll be fine. Tops and whatnot are probably not going to be made by Mahindra, but it's not like there's a huge selection of those from them anyhow.

Well I need to point out that Roxor didn't sell 100's of thousands of these and their profit on each unit that did sell really wasn't that high. They've probably spent over a 100K in legal fees fighting Jeep. Meanwhile a body revision is going to be costly especially since most of their accessories are going to be obsolete and will have to be redesigned too. Lastly, the US economy is on the edge of a cliff right now with literally millions of Americans facing eviction and homelessness. So how many people will be able to afford a revised Roxor they did invest in a new FTC approved model????? Frankly my guess is the Mahindra executives are seriously reconsidering their plans......

tjohn6041

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
In addition to what other people are saying, accessories like bumpers and such will sell be made by OTR, Cecco, etc. They made those parts to order anyway.

sandyx

Founding Member
Frankly my guess is the Mahindra executives are seriously reconsidering their plans......

Neither Mana nor the Roxor mechanicals are going anywhere. Mahindra is the kind that milks platforms for eternity and invests absolute minimum to keep them going. At best, the front clip gets swapped for an ATVish design as we're seeing so far. Even a tub rework may not need much effort at their OEMs. Parts will never dry up for something that's an integral part of Indian life. I wish you kept yours.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Agree Mahindra has very deep pockets. I do think that will make the 18, 19,20s more sought after in years to come

Collin S.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I think it’s a little funny that for someone who writes about the “delusional” actions of the good people on this site, he then spends time writing a few super long posts essentially doing what he called nonsense. We hear you but we aren’t listening to what you have to say. The Roxor is an idea and a mindset and a machine that takes you back in time. It conjures a romance that only an old Jeep can provide and it makes you smile every time you look at it. The ‘18-‘20 Roxors are classics and represent a battle, like the battle the original design was forged by. Everyday people purchase and enjoy things that don’t make sense simply because they’re fun. Most fun things don’t make sense but we only get one shot at life. I say let the guy who writes long posts about how dumb these members are and while he’s doing that and worrying about the small stuff in life, we can all go have some fun.

B

Bister

Meanwhile a body revision is going to be costly especially since most of their accessories are going to be obsolete and will have to be redesigned too.
From what I see, it just the front clip/end that is changing and maybe the tail lights. All the accessories will still fit, except the bug screen....oh wait, they don't make a bug screen.

B

Bister

Wow, what does that mean for those of us with a 18, 19,20?
We're good. Drive train is identical. They just can't display the older models. I don't have to worry about warranty, mine comes off in another 2 months. lol 12,500 kilometers so far.