ooooooooooo

Roof extension and roof rack

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Everything is finished up, roof was extended and the roof rack installed.

20200715_191419.jpg 20200715_191401.jpg 20200715_191300.jpg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’ll second that, like the package. Are those Fortress doors? Been considering them, how do you like them? Also, even though it looks like the top is modeled after Fortress I don’t think it is, am I right? Lastly, was the addition of the rear ROP a local add? Looks like slightly larger diameter tubing than factory.

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Fortress top that I extended to accommodate the rollbar change. We actually bent the rear to match the factory roll bar angle so I could use the rear lip on Fortresses factory roof. The doors are Fortress also I bought them from Wade at Diesel Freak and I like them but they rattle more than I would like, I want to find something that can go over the pin to quiet them down a bit. The rear roll bars are custom add and they are ever so slightly larger than factory but you really can't tell, the powder coating came out great. Local guys called Freedom Fab made the roof rack and some mods to the cage to bolt it down and the powder coating!

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
AZROX, did you gab the extension on your own metal brake? How did you join the fortress roof the the extension? Looks sharp.
How thick is the metal?

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I think the roof is 14 gauge and its bent on a machine by a shop, tig welded like body work.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
They did a nice job. I had to really look to see where the seam runs. The bevels along the edges match perfectly. Looks great.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I
Fortress top that I extended to accommodate the rollbar change. We actually bent the rear to match the factory roll bar angle so I could use the rear lip on Fortresses factory roof. The doors are Fortress also I bought them from Wade at Diesel Freak and I like them but they rattle more than I would like, I want to find something that can go over the pin to quiet them down a bit. The rear roll bars are custom add and they are ever so slightly larger than factory but you really can't tell, the powder coating came out great. Local guys called Freedom Fab made the roof rack and some mods to the cage to bolt it down and the powder coating!
use heat shrink on the pins. Cheap and effective.