ooooooooooo

Replacement battery

robertdmerrill99

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hello - anyone have a recommendation for a non-OEM replacement battery? I can't determine the spec for the battery from any online resources so not sure what to shop for. Thanks in advance.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You should have some warranty left on the oem . also core charge is crazy high for batteries so be sure to take the bad one .

Last edited:

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hello - anyone have a recommendation for a non-OEM replacement battery? I can't determine the spec for the battery from any online resources so not sure what to shop for. Thanks in advance.
A couple of other considerations: battery case dimensions that closely approximate the OEM, and a minimum of 650 CCA to safely and sustainably power a winch and other electrical accessories. An underpowered replacement battery and lighter gauge cables are not the best ways to skimp -- pay a little more to get what you need.

cniemi28

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Optima red top battery is working excellent for me. My original battery broke in the first month, warrenty wanted me to buy the exact crap battery, bring them the receipt and I'll be refunded in blah blah days. Bite the bullet and get yourself an optima. This was two years ago that I got the new battery, just couple hours ago I got my stage 2 tune back, wanted to hear it rumble (been sitting in the garage since late fall and it was single digits last night) gave the glow plugs two cycles and she started right up.

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Didn't start mine for two weeks. When I tried.......nothing. Doesn't seem like that amount of time should have been a problem. Never got below the 50s in the covered garage. Charged it and it fired right up. But now I'm spooked. I agree with cniemi28,
when I replace it it won't be with the same one.

75f250

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Do u guys have the oem AGM battery? My Roxor has been sitting it the garage for two months and it fired right up for me no problem. The oem AGM battery has 710 CCA

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have the one that came with my Roxor but it's only 585 CCA

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The battery brand in my Roxor is an Excide and not sealed. I can see where some acid has leaked out on the top around those pop off covers. I've had poor performance with that brand and won't buy another.

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I installed roof and windshield. Nothing electrical added.

B

Bister

I installed roof and windshield. Nothing electrical added.
I'd give a call to the dealer and see what they say. I know some have had the battery replaced under warranty, but your dealer actually has to put in a claim and they will need your miles and hours. Worst that can happen is Roxor denies it, but the dealer would probably have to run a battery test.

Jamesc

Standard battery, Only electrics added were an electric seat through 12 volt outlet and turn signal kit. Starts quickly after sitting for days in freezing weather. All if good.

Last edited:

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'd give a call to the dealer and see what they say. I know some have had the battery replaced under warranty, but your dealer actually has to put in a claim and they will need your miles and hours. Worst that can happen is Roxor denies it, but the dealer would probably have to run a battery test.
My closest dealer is two hours away. Costco and Wal-Mart are only four miles from me. My battery actually has a Roxor price tag still stuck to it. $175. Wonder if the dealer had an issue with the original and replaced it from his parts department.

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Found a Duracell battery at Sam's Club, group 34 with positive post on left, 800 CCA,
and the same dimensions as the OEM battery. $102. If my Roxor doesn't crank in a couple of weeks, I'll give this one a try.