ooooooooooo

Replacement battery

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Do you know someone that can do a load test on your Roxor battery? Some stores used to do it for free. If there is a break inside the battery, it could cause trouble. but still show some charge. My Mama had a Ford crown vic and it has some wiring problem evidently - had new alternator, 2 new batteries and still would drain down.

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Do you know someone that can do a load test on your Roxor battery? Some stores used to do it for free. If there is a break inside the battery, it could cause trouble. but still show some charge. My Mama had a Ford crown vic and it has some wiring problem evidently - had new alternator, 2 new batteries and still would drain down.
I'll check with the local folks that do electrical/battery tests.
THANKS

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It's been three weeks since I tried starting it. Fired right up. I unhooked the battery and that seems to have been the answer. I didn't think the little guy would suck that much juice. Understand the new cars with all the electronics but........Anyway, it started!?

wpatter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If your Roxor sits for long periods of time you could add a disconnect to it to make sure there are no parasitic loads.

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If your Roxor sits for long periods of time you could add a disconnect to it to make sure there are no parasitic loads.
Blue Sea makes excellent, easy to mount, single or multiple circuit, marine grade disconnects. Have used single circuit model for the past two years to power on/off Roxor winch with no problems. Along with manual transmission, it could also readily serve as additional confoundment for younger thieves. Can be found on Ebay, etc., for reasonable price.