ooooooooooo

Removing Decals

Roxaronny

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Has anyone successfully removed a hood decal/sticker? Will a hair drier work or would I be creating a monster?
I bought an LE yesterday and want to remove the hood decal before it gets set longer. Thanks

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I ordered mine with none of em. Beyond that, I’m gonna have a buddy remove nearly every decal on the thing. I’ll see what body-guy voodoo he performs.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It is very easy to remove them. The decals are actually a pretty decent vinyl product and won’t leave any glue residue when a little heat is applied. A hair dryer would work better than a heat gun because getting the decal too hot just breaks it apart. A slight amount of heat and pulling a little at time goes a long way. 15 minutes start to finish should be about right and no residue to clean up afterwards.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Along with painting the new windshield frame body color and removing the decals , a visual transformation begans to take shape. That “ factory” look just jumps out of nowhere !

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Along with painting the new windshield frame body color and removing the decals , a visual transformation begans to take shape. That “ factory” look just jumps out of nowhere !
I ordered mine custom color with decal deleted. I am going to paint windshield frame same as body color next week. I get what you are saying--lol

Doug

Has anyone successfully removed a hood decal/sticker?

I thought about that but have decided to just paint over hood decal and front badge with "Plasti Dip". Other decal and badges removed easily by using mono fishing line.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Has anyone successfully removed a hood decal/sticker?

I thought about that but have decided to just paint over hood decal and front badge with "Plasti Dip". Other decal and badges removed easily by using mono fishing line.

No , do,not do that. ,! The decal comes off with the help of a hair dryer to get you started ....then roll the decal once you get started, little tight rolls then when help is needed use the dryer. Do not get the surface too hot. may take an hour, easy to do , and there is no glue or adhesives left behind

Roxaronny

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks to all. General opinion is it’s easy with heat. Still not sure I’ll do it. Don’t know what it would do to the value of my LE #222 of 300. Pondering...

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have found that chemical products tend to soften the decal , not what you want for a clean removal.
Darstar is right, I removed mine yesterday with just occasional help from a hair dryer. The key is go slow. Other than that the hard part is lifting an 3dge to get started. The whole job took an hr and it looks sooooo much better, "dear mahindra, please don't put name brand decals on my vehicle when I'm pretending to be and jeep, they make me get pulled over".. lol

Baja405

Lifetime Member
Going to attempt to take off the hood decal and add the military star decals. based on comments seems to be a pretty easy but time-consuming job.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yeah, most came off pretty easy. Some wanted some heat to get started. Most didn’t even need it.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
One more warning.......do NOT use a razor blade ! I know it’s s slow process but with the help of a heat gun you will not damage the clear coat, and then the color !

Oldgrouch62

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I'm not a Roxor owner (yet) but I once bought a used pickup that somebody had put a bunch of those type of vinyl decals on. I just let it sit in the sun for an hour and all of the ones exposed to nature's heat peeled right off with very little residue left, what was there cleaned right up with rubbing alcohol. I admit it, I'm cheap...why pay for electricity when Ma Nature will do it for free?;)

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
I plan on removing my hood decal this weekend. Start the clean up process for UN replica version :)

BDRAG

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I removed everything from mine before I painted it. As most guys on here already stated it is fairly easy just a bit of patience and time. If there is any residue left over an alcohol wipe will clean it up, and then just wash it immediately afterwards, seems to do the trick!

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Removed my LE hood decal and the roxor badging. Like Oldgrouch62 suggested, I let it sit for an hour in the mid day sun. Took literally 7 minutes to peel it off. Wow!

Now to fabricate a slot overlay Rock guard to cover the emblem and 4-3/4 grill up. Then get me some U N decals and a blue army helmet! Lol. A jerry can mount and maybe a M-60 mounted in the rear! ?

BDRAG

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Got my grill guard attached today. Used the plastic hole plugs from the door hinge holes to mount the screen. Drilled 7 holes at the correct points and covered the behind the screen area with black body tape where it may rub and then masked it off and sprayed some semi flat black krylon over the area that will be behind the screen. Looks good. Not great but good. I should have used flat black paint. One pic below is of a TAN Mahindra MM540 over in India that I used as an example to try and copy.

Still waiting on the TXDMV to finish updating their rules to see if I can go Replica, Assembled or Military. LOL. If not, Oh Well......

GRILL GUARD 1.jpg GRILL GUARD 2.jpg GRILL GUARD 5.jpg