ooooooooooo

Removing Soft Cab

bengoshi

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I finally pulled the trigger and ordered my ROXOR, and opted for the Soft Cab enclosure. When I called ROXOR they said removing it was easy, for the summer months. They told me it attaches with Velcro and comes off easily. But looking at some of the installation videos, I’m now not so sure. Does anyone have experience with this? I’m wondering now if I should not have opted for this. Or is it at least possible to remove good parts of the enclosure so the cab gets lots of air....?

mopar93

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It's easier to remove than what it takes for the first time installation. You will be somewhat overwhelmed with the installation the first time you do it. But, once you have done it, the next time won't be so bad.

You unzip the doors part way to get in and out. But, on a nice day before Winter completely ends, you can unzip the doors all the way and remove them. You can also unzip both sides of the rear window and roll it up and fasten it with the two straps that go around the rolled up window. Now, you have a nice breeze blowing through the interior.

When Summer finally arrives, you can remove everything and put back on just the bikini top portion of the enclosure to keep the sun off of you, if desired.

B

Bister

After the initial install, all will be good. Most of the install is learning all the pieces and reading. It'll go back on (and off) in a breeze. I left my box rails on for summer also.

I removed all but the top for summer. I took off my windshield also due to the dust behind a full windshield, cab curtain being made. I put the top track back on the header so the top could stay on and ran a tarp strap across the back to keep it from flapping, all is good. I put on a homemade half windshield for summer.
IMG_6748.JPG

bengoshi

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
When Summer finally arrives, you can remove everything and put back on just the bikini top portion of the enclosure to keep the sun off of you, if desired.
Phew. That’s exactly what I want to do, now I’m glad I purchased it

bengoshi

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
After the initial install, all will be good. Most of the install is learning all the pieces and reading. It'll go back on (and off) in a breeze. I left my box rails on for summer also.

I removed all but the top for summer. I took off my windshield also due to the dust behind a full windshield, cab curtain being made. I put the top track back on the header so the top could stay on and ran a tarp strap across the back to keep it from flapping, all is good. I put on a homemade half windshield for summer. View attachment 4377
Sweet, that’s the plan. Meanwhile what’s an “old dog seat”?!

B

Bister

Sweet, that’s the plan. Meanwhile what’s an “old dog seat”?!

It's the roughed in box over the passenger seat for my "Old Dog", Sienna (the black one 16 1/2) she not so stable anymore, but is sometimes used by Princess. Function over fashion, again.

IMG_5525.JPGIMG_6715.JPGIMG_6825.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bister

How did the enclosure work out? Zipper issues? Contemplating buying one.
Zippers failed on mine 4 times. I’m waiting for the composite cab to be available without the roof, then I’ll buy it and replace my softcab cause I already have the roof and windshield.