ooooooooooo

Rear wheel hub leak?

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My roxor has only 1100 miles on it and I just recently noticed this. I was thinking maybe since it's street legal and I drive it to work that it's not used to the higher speeds etc. It's got to be gear oil?

20210616_175205.jpg 20210616_175201.jpg

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Looks like grease. I would smell it just to be safe. If it was gear lube. You probably would get the stench going down the road. Mine has been my daily driver for 10000 miles and have had no leaks.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Have you replaced the fluid yet, it did mine around the first Oil change

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A few months ago when I put spartan lockers in. I need to take time and do the trans and transfer case yet.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
i Don’t think it’s gonna be gear oil If I remember right the diffs are sealed at the pumpkin and there’s no oil in the tubes. So for it to be oil it has to leak at the pumpkin and migrate to the end of the tube. Check your diff fluid level. if it’s full its most likely grease. Of course the only sure fire way to be sure is to pull the drum and look inside. I’m thinking it’s grease from the wheel bearing there. Aside from the mess I’d just live with it if it’s grease.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
i Don’t think it’s gonna be gear oil If I remember right the diffs are sealed at the pumpkin and there’s no oil in the tubes. So for it to be oil it has to leak at the pumpkin and migrate to the end of the tube. Check your diff fluid level. if it’s full its most likely grease. Of course the only sure fire way to be sure is to pull the drum and look inside. I’m thinking it’s grease from the wheel bearing there. Aside from the mess I’d just live with it if it’s grease.
Think it is the bearings also

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It's definitely not gear oil, it smells like oil. Gonna get the good grease in it after our ride tomorrow

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'd have to say this Forum rocks! Love my Roxor and love the wide knowledge of other owners. Thank you for the reaponses

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It's definitely not gear oil, it smells like oil. Gonna get the good grease in it after our ride tomorrow

Cause grease is essentially oil that is suspended in a carrier base such as lithium. The carrier base keeps the oil on the part so it can lubricate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Have you pumped the rear grease zerks till it comes the weep hole on top? To me it looks like a bit of grease seeping out the weep hole and running down, cause it got warm enough too. It won't be gear oil.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yea that's what I figured. I pushed out all the whatever grease is came with and put quality Synthetic in.