ooooooooooo

Transfer Case drain plug leak

TomRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hey Guys;

my Roxor has a slow drip leak at the transfer case drain plug. I have really cranked it down to slow it down, but I feel if I go anymore it will strip.
should I put in a copper washer? Or RTV sealant? Or what ?

what do you think?

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Plug is a tapered pipe thread and the oil is leaking thru the thread root. Easiest thing to do is to wrap the drain plug with 5 to 8 wraps of Teflon tape used on typical pipe fittings. Be sure to hold the drain plug with the starting end facing you and wrap in a clockwise direction to so that the end of the wrap does not unwrap when you thread the drain plug back in. The problem is that you need to remove the drain plug to wipe it and wrap it while not losing all of your oil. Perhaps get a rubber stopper of the appropriate size to quickly plug the whole once you remove the drain plug to limit the amount of oil loss.

OffRoad709

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hey Guys;

my Roxor has a slow drip leak at the transfer case drain plug. I have really cranked it down to slow it down, but I feel if I go anymore it will strip.
should I put in a copper washer? Or RTV sealant? Or what ?

what do you think?
Try 3 wraps of Teflon tape in a clockwise rotation (looking towards the threads) if that don't work try Loctite 567 thread sealant. Yes use a new copper washer also.