ooooooooooo

Rear Suspension Thoughts?

DAO

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Quick question for the Roxor brain trust. I have a 2018 that i recently purchased used. I am utilizing this as a hunting vehicle in South and Central (hill country) Tx. I added a high rack to the back and put on some new bilstein shocks to the front and back as well as a rough country leveling kit in the front. After giving it a good run through in the hill country yesterday, i noticed that the back end kept bottoming out on the shocks with a loud "thud" on bigger bumps (I was not hitting rocks). The high rack only weighs maybe 100-150lbs. Any thoughts or ideas on how to beef up the suspension on the back end? I am open to any and all suggestions, thank you in advance for your help.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Add a leaf is one. The more stiff u go the less flex u get. Also buy a pair of Timbrens to use that doesn't affect your ride until u start loading it up

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The springs are sagged and weakened. The add a leaf is a poor choice in this case. Do the 2” eBay lift and climax shackles or you can spend some money for custom stock height or 1” over stock by Eaton Detroit spring. Product Lookup by vehicle They have custom spring rates too. But dang they’re pricey. I went the eBay route and they work great. LoadEd up several hogs and little to no squat. If you can deal with the added height I think it’s the best value that will solve your problem. I too was riding on the bump stops traveling in pastures in first gear when I had hogs on the rack. The eBay springs fixed that. It’s McVeigh truck springs that sells them. About 400 shipped I think.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
707E0EA2-105A-423A-819C-2B4D95336F48.jpeg

no squat on that rack and that’s a lot of weight hanging off the back end. Think leverage here.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
txroadkill. has a good solution. i used climax 2 in shackles. i regularly have several hundred pounds of cargo in the back and have not hit the bump stops.

Dan H.

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
no squat on that rack and that’s a lot of weight hanging off the back end. Think leverage here.
That ain't right. You guys from Texas get to be heroes for thinning the hog population with all the pork you want. While us hard working folks in California get to pay higher pork prices so a pig can have dancing room before it gets butchered.

G.Tallant

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’m doing air bag’s because of the extra weight of my hard top. A small set, universal like for a ranger or a-10.

lcp

You might be able to get some leaf spring packs from junk yards off of vehicles with the same width leaves, take them apart, and assemble your own spring packs. We used to do that 25 years ago on our low-budget offroad trucks (now called rock crawlers). I'm not sure what vehicles at salvage yards might have compatible springs, but I bet we could figure it out pretty quick.

TX Rancher

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I don’t get it, I’ve had 10 or 12 80 pound bags of cement in my 2018 and never bottomed out
Agree with Kake, I have had 15-20 bags of deer feed in the back of my stock Roxor and never had an issue with bottoming out. In fact got spoiled with the ride with all that weight................thought I was in a Cadillac :ROFLMAO:

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I towed single axle trailer around farm with a 250 gal tote of water on it and 1- can start off in 1st just letting off clutch with no acceleration on a hill. Just thought that was awesome. The trailer full didn't drop rear end down. If u also stiffen up the rear you lessen your flex. I'm all about flex, I also removed the anti-sway in the front.

20230430_124838.jpg 20230430_124821.jpg 20230430_124805.jpg

Last edited:

Physicsdog

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Quick question for the Roxor brain trust. I have a 2018 that i recently purchased used. I am utilizing this as a hunting vehicle in South and Central (hill country) Tx. I added a high rack to the back and put on some new bilstein shocks to the front and back as well as a rough country leveling kit in the front. After giving it a good run through in the hill country yesterday, i noticed that the back end kept bottoming out on the shocks with a loud "thud" on bigger bumps (I was not hitting rocks). The high rack only weighs maybe 100-150lbs. Any thoughts or ideas on how to beef up the suspension on the back end? I am open to any and all suggestions, thank you in advance for your help.
Can we see a picture of your high rack added to the back? I am interested in getting something like that but I only see them on jeeps so far.

thanks,
dog