ooooooooooo

rear locker

rich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am wanting to install a locker in the rear of my 2018 Roxor Le to get around in the mud and sand better. Any recommendations to brand ie Spartan, Lock Rite, etc to use and your experience installing, operation, and reliability? Any feed back from your experience would be helpful in my discussion. My Roxor currently has a soft top, windshield, light bar, sound bar, warn winch, lock out hubs, stage 2 tune. Not happy with the zipper doors, the factory roll bar makes options few and very very costly, so I am looking to install a cj windshield, doors, remove the factory roll bar and install a cj bar, and install a removable cj hard top with some modifications, any incite on what I am getting myself in fore?
Now for my rant and rave. I LOVE how my Roxor looks, drives and handles. By installing the taller roll bars the company did the Roxor owners NO favors! Limited options and way to costly! Great machine, options suck!!! Thanks

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
im going with a lunch bov. aka spartan. i have run them in a lot of rigs. even my Cummings swaped one ton cevy

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Do a search for spartan lockers. We have an old thread with the Amazon part number that is half the dealer price for the exact same item.

rich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Do a search for spartan lockers. We have an old thread with the Amazon part number that is half the dealer price for the exact same item.
Is the installation pretty straightforward, anything special to be aware of or shortcuts since you have done one? Thanks

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If your only running one I’d do the front for simplicity of install. The rear you’ll need a hub puller (prefer hydraulic) for the 2 piece axle. If you don’t have one that adds to the expenses to install it. The front you can pull the axles without needing that puller. Both will require pulling the carrier. Roxor has instructions for both on their website. Also with the install in only one axle doing the front will let you climb better than open. It’s easier to climb/pull yourself over than push yourself over the obstacle. And in 2wd you won’t have any adverse effects from the locker. Your turning radius might increase with the locker but a set of lock out hubs (warn or mile marker) and you’ll turn as good or better than stock in 2wd.

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Napa auto parts (some) and some oreillys have hub pullers you can borrow for free.
i have them in both front and rear. You really need the lock out hubs in front if you install them -again search this website for amazon part numbers.
They make a huge difference in ability off road.
Honestly its a pretty straighforward job for either axle that you can do yourself or get someone who has done it before to do pretty quickly.
as txroadkill said above the roxor website has good instructions.
fwiw if i were to do it again i would put an auburn in front and still use the spartan rears.

rich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for your incite and comments. I am going to order my locker for the rear tomorrow. For this year most for our use will be on state and federal land back roads, two tracts in northern Michigan, the UP, along with some logging roads in Canada while fishing there. Two wheel drive with a rear locker will handle most of them for now. Hope to get more serious next year with some type of front locker, larger, more aggressive tires. and some form of cab with real doors (Michigan weather). Thanks again for the support!

Randy Burns

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have the Spartan in the rear and Ox in the front, unstoppable.....
Just getting a locker in the rear makes a huge difference. Good luck.

B

Bister

I have the Spartan in the rear and Ox in the front, unstoppable.....
Just getting a locker in the rear makes a huge difference. Good luck.
I have Spartan front and back, but I am changing the front to an OX and keeping the Spartan in the back. I hate the way it currently steers when in 4x4 cause the front is locked all the time. I need to be in 4x4 lots, but I only need 3 wheel drive most of the time.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Auburn gear is making a limited slip for the roxor specific now, for those who don't need full on lockers. It's less than $300

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
This may be a dumb question, but with the import ban, do you think we will have problems coming back from Canada? I know that we aren't importing or exporting, by taking our own Roxor across the border, I'm just curious if anyone has had a problem with this.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
There isn't an import ban. The Roxor is forced with a redesign via the lawsuit.

B

Bister

This may be a dumb question, but with the import ban, do you think we will have problems coming back from Canada? I know that we aren't importing or exporting, by taking our own Roxor across the border, I'm just curious if anyone has had a problem with this.
Once the Roxor is yours, it's yours. They can't manufacture them anymore in the US. It doesn't effect anything that is owned by a consumer. As a consumer, you could still sell it to someone in the US. The ruling is against new units from Roxor.

Also, don't be surprised if any unsold units, in the US after Aug 10th, show up in Canada for sale. The ITC ruling was only in the US.

Last edited by a moderator: