ooooooooooo

Anyone using the Roxor rear bumper with receiver

DEKirk2

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey I am in need of a rear bumper receiver hitch so I can drop my ball height farther than the OEM Pinole style hitch will allow. Anyone using the OEM Roxor receiver? Anyone seen one besides there cartoon drawing? I need one ASAP the RxR performance one looks clean but no reviews I can find. The strongmade version cracked my cross piece it’s mounted on. any ideas or experience out there?
Thanks
Don

Andydaniel1371

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey I am in need of a rear bumper receiver hitch so I can drop my ball height farther than the OEM Pinole style hitch will allow. Anyone using the OEM Roxor receiver? Anyone seen one besides there cartoon drawing? I need one ASAP the RxR performance one looks clean but no reviews I can find. The strongmade version cracked my cross piece it’s mounted on. any ideas or experience out there?
Thanks
Don

Heres a strongmade hitch alot better spread bolt pattern than OEM. The mount to the frame set up you would need I think for the 3500 lb. Tow rating

20190512_173929.jpg

Entglass51

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks
Don
I used a Tidal Rear bumper from Ebay Item ID # 163609008725 it fit right over the stock bumper ( I removed the curved stock ends in case ) took 6 1/2" bolts four you drilled the stock bumper to put angles that hold new bumper & after there are 2 straps that you bend up to stock bumper using floor jack or similar & drill holes for two more 1/2" bolts Cost of bumper $143.99 I'll try to attach picture I put it as a picture in new people forum but I think I put to large of picture20190512_081332.jpg

Bob Shiels

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I installed mine yesterday. I had to get the same instructions that Bister posted from the dealer portal. These were not online where I could find them. I will say that if you read them, that step where you draw the line and drill holes to bolt to the end part of the receiver was a huge pain and I think its overkill.. there are enough bolts holding on the middle of the bracket (8 total) that I think you could skip that last step.

B

Bister

I installed mine yesterday. I had to get the same instructions that Bister posted from the dealer portal. These were not online where I could find them. I will say that if you read them, that step where you draw the line and drill holes to bolt to the end part of the receiver was a huge pain and I think its overkill.. there are enough bolts holding on the middle of the bracket (8 total) that I think you could skip that last step.

That's not a dealer portal, those instructions are listed on the regular Roxor website under "Service and Support" at the bottom. It has them for most accessories.

The bolts to the frame are necessary to keep the bumper from flexing and bending like the StrongMade hitches are twisting the rear cross member.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob Shiels

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That's not a dealer portal, those instructions are listed on the regular Roxor website under "Service and Support" at the bottom. It has them for most accessories.

The bolts to the frame are necessary to keep the bumper from flexing and bending like the StrongMade hitches are twisting the rear cross member.
Maybe the bumper isn’t strong enough?? Well dealer told me those instructions only on portal. I may end up replacing entire bumper with an aftermarket but it worked great today. If you are pulling 3500lbs. Maybe you need a different vehicle?

B

Bister

Maybe the bumper isn’t strong enough?? Well dealer told me those instructions only on portal. I may end up replacing entire bumper with an aftermarket but it worked great today. If you are pulling 3500lbs. Maybe you need a different vehicle?
The crossmember across the back (rear bumper) that the Roxor receiver hitch mounts to is not strong enough by itself, that is why the receiver and the pintle hitch/combo have extra mounting and plates, then it is more than adequate.

Go to roxoroffroad.com and scroll to the bottom, there you still see "service and support", the accessory installation listings are there, it's not a secret, your dealer is just misinformed, that's all. Not all of them are there, some might be in a dealer only portal, I don't know, I don't have access to dealer only stuff. You will also find the full parts catalog there and you can pick your dealer and order parts online and have them shipped to your dealer and pay upon pick up. FYI: Oil filters are only $6.99 in the parts book.

This thing will pull more than 3500 easily. It is also rated for only 349 pound payload. These numbers are imposed mostly by the EPA. I carry 1000 pounds of water (120 US gallons) with room to spare. It walks away with it. I also tow just shy of a cord of green aspen and full cord is rated at about 3900 pounds, I don't even know it back there except that the Roxor rides really nice,. lol

The Roxor receiver hitch and pintle combo will handle anything you can throw at them I think. The only reason to change is maybe if you want a different look. If you are like me, "function over fashion", then there is no reason to change them. lol

Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 9.26.37 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bister

Bister, thanks for the information on service and support, very glad to see the oil filter price
From what I have seen, some dealers are marking up the MSRP pretty good from what is on the website and they have some pretty good excuses like “ the price is wrong on the website”, so check with your dealer on the prices watch the MSRP.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
C2C19DC1-C21F-4583-997A-BFD1CFDF7E0A.jpeg

I originally made just the lower piece and bolted it to the center bumper section for the last year. I ended up bending my bumper because I had some pretty big trailer loads and also used the hitch to pull out downed trees. After straightening the bumper I decided to finally fab up a better version from materials I had laying around. All in all this should be much stronger and I welded the original piece to the bottom to give me a much needed lower hitching point.