ooooooooooo

Question on missouri title

Roxorxpress

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am confused on the roxor title situation. My dealer that sold me the roxor gave me a cirtificate of origin, and said i didnt need to title the roxor here in missouri because its considered a “side by side “ ,and in missouri you cant title a utv/side by side. This is also what i read on the mo dept of revenues website. However, i received a letter from the dept of revenue that said i have not paid the taxes and titled the roxor and i have penalties for not doing so. (This is a farm use unit and i have a tax exempt form for it from the dealer), anyone have any experience dealing with this? My thought is the dmv doesnt understand what they are dealing with, but im unsure.

Indy4570

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I am eager to learn the outcome, please keep us posted on this. I intend to own one and am also in MO

Bob R

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Another interested party from Missouri.
A way to put License plates on one would be a good thing.

Bob R

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
No idea how it works done there but have a full size plate for mine.

9E48C998-501A-434A-8946-7A4A94F3DEB2.jpeg

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am confused on the roxor title situation. My dealer that sold me the roxor gave me a cirtificate of origin, and said i didnt need to title the roxor here in missouri because its considered a “side by side “ ,and in missouri you cant title a utv/side by side. This is also what i read on the mo dept of revenues website. However, i received a letter from the dept of revenue that said i have not paid the taxes and titled the roxor and i have penalties for not doing so. (This is a farm use unit and i have a tax exempt form for it from the dealer), anyone have any experience dealing with this? My thought is the dmv doesnt understand what they are dealing with, but im unsure.

Sounds like Dealer’s paperwork was in error. Simple mistake they should be able to fix.

Roxorxpress

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You are correct, Missouri does not title them, i was sent the dmv slip because the dealer sent it in by mistake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woody

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm in centralia rural Missouri. I haven't found a way to license the Roxor. However, I have talked to the local highway patrol and sheriff and they said that if I stay off the highways (nothing over 55), and I'm not acting stupid, they wont mess with me.

Farmers are allowed to operated utvs on the roads. Law enforcement still has to have a reason to pull you over. Observing a roxor on the road isnt enough justification to pull someone over.

Just my opinion.

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm in centralia rural Missouri. I haven't found a way to license the Roxor. However, I have talked to the local highway patrol and sheriff and they said that if I stay off the highways (nothing over 55), and I'm not acting stupid, they wont mess with me.

Farmers are allowed to operated utvs on the roads. Law enforcement still has to have a reason to pull you over. Observing a roxor on the road isnt enough justification to pull someone over.

Just my opinion.

Yep, and counties and municipalities can permit UTVs and mini trucks to operate on roads under their jurisdiction in MO.