ooooooooooo

Question for Roxor owners in AZ

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So as it has been previously stated once you add a tune and 33” tires, “it’s not IF but WHEN“ your clutch will give out. Now that I have a number of miles since the larger tires, the clutch is definitely starting to slip. My question for you AZ owners is if you have replaced your clutch at a shop, who have you used with success? Since I am not looking to remove the trans on my back with a creeper, (like we all did when we were young and bulletproof) would like a recommendation from someone who was satisfied with the work. Any responses are greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’m at 4700 miles with 33s and a stage 1. Clutch is solid still. About 3500 miles on 33s and 4.88s. I take it you still have 3.73s. I don’t think the gearing is the issue as much as the increased power and the fact that some clutches were installed improperly at the factory. I’ve heard from more than one person that replaced their bad clutch and discovered it was installed backwards.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
txroadkill, I Have seen the same posts here and elsewhere about the backwards installation on some units. Don’t believe this is my case. Correct on the stock 3.73 gears. Stage two tune as well but I really think the root cause is the taller tires. On the trails and slower speeds on the street there seems to be no issue. When I drive the highway to get to the trailhead at 70-75 I believe it starts to slip. Once I stop there is a strong burning smell and all other possible causes have been checked and eliminated. No antifreeze leaks, no brakes hanging up etc., so it seems to be the only thing that makes sense. That plus a little power loss at the higher speeds that I didn’t experience with stock tires brings me to this conclusion. Hopefully someone will chime in with a recommendation from a positive experience in Phoenix area, thanks.