ooooooooooo

power steering

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just found a leak in one of the lines that run from the pump to the steering box. Where they crimped the hard line to the braided one has sprung a leak.
If anyone else has had this issue and fixed it I would like some input. For the time being I will loosen the belt and use armstrong.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Take it off and get a hose place to make a new one or repair it.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Easier said than done. Might be an issue finding banjo fittings. Looking at it, it is going to be a challenge just to get it off. I took the belt off for the meantime. Not much difference except turning tight.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I haven't had a line leak. Just a cracked pump.

20210418_161510.jpg

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Got lthe line off. quite the task. front bumper off, winch undone at frame, dropped steering sector, wala, line off. Large line is pressure line.was surprised at that. It is a press fitting from a hard line to a braded one. The braded press fitting split. As another fello had his pump slit open, I am wondering about pressure issues. Lucky that a line split rather than a pump broken. Now to find OEM part or find a place to make one with the banjo fittings.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The service writer at the dealer told me a line had come loose. I said "what about the crack?" He said "what crack?" Then I emailed him the pictures I took of it, in anticipation of the typical "cannot duplicate the complaint" response.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
this seems to be an issue then. l just ordered the 14m and16m banjo fitings and will take them down and have a line hyd line made for it. the fitting will mate with a 6jis hose fitting. I am a bit scared of taking the turns to a full stop. I think running a bit loose on the belt might save the pump. Belts are cheap. I am going to look the pump over a bit and hope there is a relief valve and lower the pressure if possible.

Hoon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just found a leak in one of the lines that run from the pump to the steering box. Where they crimped the hard line to the braided one has sprung a leak.
If anyone else has had this issue and fixed it I would like some input. For the time being I will loosen the belt and use armstrong.
Plumbstraight, I have not encountered any issue with the PS but I saw one of your earlier post regarding gear ratios and thought you might enlighten me on my issue.
I have a 2020 Rox that I bought for farm use. My properties are all rural but spread out and I have to traverse secondary roads to go between them. So I got it street legal to be able to drive from place to place. Never intended on doing much main road driving. However, as a Papa I've been tasked with picking up my grandson from school or getting him to ball practice which means going back home , getting my truck and taking care of business. Sometimes that's a hassle and it would be so much easier just to swing by the school in the Rox.

Here's my question. I have the 5.38 gear in this 2020. Don't like winding at highway speeds. I hear the 2019 had a 3.73 gear. Will that gear swap out with the 2020 setup. I installed Warn lockers on the front hubs and a lunchbox locker in the front differential. What else will I have to change if the gears swap out. Don't plan on running larger tires at this time. I just cruise pastures and don't offload for fun.
Thought you might know.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
the 3.73 gears should swap right in. Mine is stock with them and it will crawl around just fine in the woods. As many of us have made our Roxors road legal I think Mahindra came out with the 5.38 to slow them down and more rock friendly as many have gone that direction.
I am running nondirectional military tires that are a bit taller than the stock without anyother mods to the drive train with the exception of being tuned.. I have read where folks are breaking u joints in the hubs. with larger tires and higher torque of the lower gear sets it becomes the weak link in the system.
I will stay with mine like it is. Good for off road and still cruise at 65 without effort.
Might add, I am living just below you in Georgia now. Have a daughter with family in Lancaster sc.

Hoon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
the 3.73 gears should swap right in. Mine is stock with them and it will crawl around just fine in the woods. As many of us have made our Roxors road legal I think Mahindra came out with the 5.38 to slow them down and more rock friendly as many have gone that direction.
I am running nondirectional military tires that are a bit taller than the stock without anyother mods to the drive train with the exception of being tuned.. I have read where folks are breaking u joints in the hubs. with larger tires and higher torque of the lower gear sets it becomes the weak link in the system.
I will stay with mine like it is. Good for off road and still cruise at 65 without effort.
Might add, I am living just below you in Georgia now. Have a daughter with family in Lancaster sc.
Thanks for the info. Now to find a set of gears. Might have to go with a 4.11. And welcome to Dixie! Lancaster is a pretty area.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Finally heard back from the dealer via email. New pump, and 2 tie rod ends were approved by Mahindra for warranty replacement. Now the long waiting game.

Tie rod end I ordered from my purchasing dealer in Lake Havasu City in October, and I still haven't received it. So we will see how long this *hit show will go on for.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
banjo fittings showed up finally. 16mm came from briton, go figure. Took them to a hydraulic hose shop and had one made. Been driving with armstrong, belts off. Glad to have it back together. Just hoping that relief spring is not too stiff and relieves before another pump or line broken.