ooooooooooo

Plywood and Lexan windshield

Mtroxor

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Made the first hwy voyage with the roxor today. 50 miles at 65mph with 20mph headwind. It's worse than my motorcycle with no windshield, so gotta do something. Anyone built a quick wooden frame with plastic windshield attached to the roll bar? I'm planning on building a full steel enclosure, but in the mean time I need something. Just don't want to waste money on plywood and and plexiglass if it is just gonna bow and collapse under the wind pressure. Also, how's the wind buffeting behind just a windshield with no other cab parts?

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
There are many well built options out there as well as modifying a CJ windshield.
Wear a full face helmet?

BDRAG

Chris Beyer

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I used Lexan and some light bar mounts, with truck bed weatherstripping between the windshield and the Roxor. There is a lot of flex, but no signs of cracking in the Lexan after 200 miles. I would not try this with plexi, I'm sure it would crack where the holes are drilled. I used rubber washers to isolate the Lexan from the mounts. It works well for the way we use it, but I would be skeptical of it's durability for extended use over 45mph. Total cost was under $200, but I didn't pay retail for the 2' x 5' Lexan. I would invest in a proper framed windshield with DOT rated glass if I was going to do any highway mileage. And, as BDRAG inquires, we wear helmets.

IMG-0671.JPG