ooooooooooo

Painting the Front Windscreen

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I saw that a few other members have painted their windscreen to match the body and I really liked the result.

A lot of you know I like to save money when I can on roxor modifications so I painted this myself. My father owns his own shop in California and I got a lot of useful advice. Here's some tips I can pass on.

1) contacted my dealer about the white paint code and he confirmed the Roxor white color is very close to the Chrysler Viper White. I picked up a rattle can of Dupli-Color for 13 bucks off eBay. I had to spray 5 coats to get a good solid coverage.

2) after my color was dry I used Spraymax Clear Coat. I'm really happy they came out with this stuff because there's a button on the bottom and when you press it the hardener will mix with the paint giving you a professional automotive clear coat. The can costs 18 bucks but it's well worth it. Keep in mind once you activate it the can will expire in 24 hours. Here's a link to ebay for it.

Aerosol Activated 2K Spray High Gloss Fishing Pole finishing Clear Coat 3680061 | eBay

At the end of the day I'm into this job about 2.5 hours and $30 bucks.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It’s going to dry for the night and I’ll reattach it tommorrow

F86CA568-0600-4E95-8CE6-28E3DB666B5F.jpeg

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Link to Duplicolor White? Does this look right?

View attachment 2459
Well I bolted the winshield to the Roxor. It's fine overall but I can tell the color is a little off. The body is a little lighter and creamier. It's fine overall but I wouldn't fully endorse this as a perfect match. The clear coat on the other hand I'm very please with. Very little orange peel and it sets up very well.