ooooooooooo

No question about the Roxor's ability... well... after lockers and tires were added...

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yes, I see , but Lockers should have been an option...at lest limited slip rear......Today I drove up to a small remaining snow bank ( hard barrier about 14” high) I was in FWD low range , front left wheel started spinning in gravel. Backing up I got a running attack and up my driveway I went ....

B

Bister

Yes, I see , but Lockers should have been an option...at lest limited slip rear......Today I drove up to a small remaining snow bank ( hard barrier about 14” high) I was in FWD low range , front left wheel started spinning in gravel. Backing up I got a running attack and up my driveway I went ....
I think Spartan lockers are available as a factory order now. Not sure, I haven't built one in awhile on their page. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

cam

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Amazon the spartan lockers are 240 each.. and there is a 25.00 mail in rebate once you receive them... beats 400 plus each

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I look At in a different way., , like Jeep with the Rubacon Roxor should have a level for serious off road folks....it’s working with Jeep, used Rubacons are in demand while Sahara’s and cheaper models just sit on the lot. If you are going to buy new a loaded Jeep is the way to go considering long term or lease financing. ...Some dealers in larger market locations have floor planed a few extream Loaded Rubs , double the price of a entry level Jeep.. more profit for the seller and great ad work that brings in the traffic. Rox should do the same , as well dealers could move more units by being creative tricking a few Roxors out and parking them in a place where traffic can see...it works .

Jefdry79

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It amazes me how much guys on this forum whine about Roxor not doing this not doing that. They’ve been selling these things in the US for what 2 years now? It’s not a Jeep, if you want a Jeep Rubicon buy a Jeep. I wanted mine as bare bones as it could get it so I could choose what I wanted. These are basic machine’s that’s what is appealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It amazes me how much guys on this forum whine about Roxor not doing this not doing that. They’ve been selling these things in the US for what 2 years now? It’s not a Jeep, if you want a Jeep Rubicon buy a Jeep. I wanted mine as bare bones as it could get it so I could choose what I wanted. These are basic machine’s that’s what is appealing.

right on and how much will a diesel Rubicon cost

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
As mine will see all types of use, I plan on using TrueTracs front and rear. Very smooth operation, no activation devices, no special lube or wear points but they are not nearly as aggressive (traction benefit) as a real locker.

B

Bister

I've been thinking about Spartan in the rear and OX in the front. Kind of getting ahead of myself though because I don't even have my Roxor yet...
That's what I would do if I did it again. I have Spartans front and back and when in 4x4 it always just wants to go straight and you are fighting it all the time, just like a Plastic SxS with full diff lock. The dang thing is a billy goat with them, but I don't need full lock all the time, 3 wheel drive would be fine for most of my stuff and just lock up the front when needed. I like that the back is locked up with the spartan except on pavement. You can still feel it pushing you straight even when in 2x4, but I only have a mile of pavement to get out of town, then gravel or trails in the valley.

Tonopah

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Are there any significant differences between a Spartan and a Torq locker? I see that Vivid Racing sells Torq lockers but it seems like many use Spartan lockers.

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Are there any significant differences between a Spartan and a Torq locker? I see that Vivid Racing sells Torq lockers but it seems like many use Spartan lockers.
They both work the same way. The spartan install is easy, may be why most of us use them. Performance wise both are the same,

Mtroxor

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Does anyplace sell the ring gear spacer to use stock gears with an auburn lsd? I emailed a couple places today but also wanted to post on here for record if someplace has them available. I've got a spartan in the front with lockouts but thought that lsd would be great in the rear for a daily driver.

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Does anyplace sell the ring gear spacer to use stock gears with an auburn lsd? I emailed a couple places today but also wanted to post on here for record if someplace has them available. I've got a spartan in the front with lockouts but thought that lsd would be great in the rear for a daily driver.
i bought one from "Brennan's Garage" $40.00. have not installed it yet.

Bob R

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Just wondering if changing the gear grease in the differentials after a short break in period might be a good idea. If they are getting quieter as they break in, my guess would be that they are wearing in. Any recommendations on this?

Bob

Chris Beyer

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My locker hasn't made any noise that I can hear. Of course, it's hard to hear anything over the howling of the tires. And the clattering...

MAVROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I've been thinking about Spartan in the rear and OX in the front. Kind of getting ahead of myself though because I don't even have my Roxor yet...
I had a Sparten in the front. It worked, but it drove terrible. Switched to manual Ox lockers front and rear. They work great. My Roxor will go anywhere now.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just wondering if changing the gear grease in the differentials after a short break in period might be a good idea. If they are getting quieter as they break in, my guess would be that they are wearing in. Any recommendations on this?

Bob

You're always supposed to change the diff lube after the break in period, and clean the bottom of the diff housing out real well. Everybody says a diff #, but I do mile after 100m.

Also, it really shouldn't be that loud, even while breaking on.

BoxofRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'll start by saying that I've had a JK Rubicon for several years and I fully understand and appreciate the benefits of selectable front and rear lockers. That said, I haven't yet run into a place with my Roxor on 32s I couldn't go with some calculated driving. Amazing how well really. I do plan to go OX in front and rear eventually, but a Roxor definitely shouldn't be discounted as worthless without lockers.

Ridem32

As mine will see all types of use, I plan on using TrueTracs front and rear. Very smooth operation, no activation devices, no special lube or wear points but they are not nearly as aggressive (traction benefit) as a real locker.

Do they make these for the roxor?

Peder53

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
When I first got the roxor I was really unimpressed with the open differentials and small tires. I bought it for off road. The open differential just baffles me honestly.

So, I installed 32-11.5-15 bfg Mud terrains and spartan lockers front and back.

The last two days I have really have put the roxor through its paces off road, hill climbing, over obstacles like downed trees, boulders, through muddy streams...

It performs beyond my expectations and the turbo diesel really pulls in the right gear up hills.

View attachment 1238
What’s the wheel bolt pattern? 5X5.5?