ooooooooooo

New Roxor refresh for 2020?

Tokarev

I am happy with my 4.5 slot factory grill. I think it looks fine. Jeep enough to pay homage to the family heritage but different enough to make Jeep guys scratch their heads. I'm sad to see it go.

The good news is that OTR, Rock Road, and others will see a booming sale for aftermarket grills with the 2020 model.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I mean.. they pretty much only changed the grill cover guys..

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I doubt it. But if your not regearing all you’ll need to do is pull the spiders and replace them with 30 spline spiders or a 30 spline lunchbox locker and put the full float conversion on. Much simpler than a regear.
Now I need to figure out what that entails, I wanted to pack my lunchbox in the diff eventually anyway. Do you think 35s will stress the stock 2020 diff too much?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Now I need to figure out what that entails, I wanted to pack my lunchbox in the diff eventually anyway. Do you think 35s will stress the stock 2020 diff too much?
In my quest to regear I learned that you can’t just swap the spiders to get 30 splines. The carriers are different. If your not regearing all you’ll need to do is set up the backlash with the new carrier. It’s not as cheap as a swapping the spiders only but still more economical than a full blown ring and pinion swap.
35s and stock depends on what your doing. myself I went to 30 spline with 33s for peace of mind. I’ll be on rocks with mine. i felt that 33s and stock was going to be in the marginal category. I’d rather wheel without worry. that tapered shaft with a key is all that your relying on to transmit power Not the most inspiring setup but it is also proven in the flattys. granted most aren’t running much larger than a 31 on stock axles either.

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
In my quest to regear I learned that you can’t just swap the spiders to get 30 splines. The carriers are different. If your not regearing all you’ll need to do is set up the backlash with the new carrier. It’s not as cheap as a swapping the spiders only but still more economical than a full blown ring and pinion swap.
35s and stock depends on what your doing. myself I went to 30 spline with 33s for peace of mind. I’ll be on rocks with mine. i felt that 33s and stock was going to be in the marginal category. I’d rather wheel without worry. that tapered shaft with a key is all that your relying on to transmit power Not the most inspiring setup but it is also proven in the flattys. granted most aren’t running much larger than a 31 on stock axles either.
I doubt I'll ever go as hard as I do in my 4runner 35s and a 4" yj springs lift sounds like enough ground clearance for me. I high center my dad's ranger 550 all the time on the "backcountry highway" here in the rolling hills corn country. Stabbed a number of sidewalls on what suggested to be a clear trail. Been stuck on a number of logs and river rocks.

I did break my 4runner diff mount bracket trying to get all of it's 6000 pounds up a muddy path on nitto ridge grapplers pushed by locked 4.88s on this trail the roxor will be on.

I love the idea of 5.38 gears stock. 3.73 really blows at 33" plus.

I don't do body lifts. Might make an exception, maybe.