ooooooooooo

New Roxor refresh for 2020?

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You just got my attention! Do you have any intel?
The Roxor will have no chance of becoming street legal straight from the dealership unless they bring over the new Thar that is more like a wrangler then a cj like the old Thar and Roxor

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
For those of us who got the retro looking 18 or 19 models, they are now “priceless”. Am I the only one thinking on these lines?!?!
As for the grille, the 2020 "refresh"amounts to creating an Willys-FJ cross, a vehicular labradoodle of sorts. If Mahindra is going to cave to Fiat Chrysler pressure, as noted by another forum member, at least maybe the Ford M 151 horizontal grille design would have been a more interesting, if not a more appropriate, choice from back in the day. Better still, asking Roxor owners for their input would have been real "refreshing."

Tokarev

As for the grille, the 2020 "refresh"amounts to creating an Willys-FJ cross, a vehicular labradoodle of sorts. If Mahindra is going to cave to Fiat Chrysler pressure, as noted by another forum member, at least maybe the Ford M 151 horizontal grille design would have been a more interesting, if not a more appropriate, choice from back in the day. Better still, asking Roxor owners for their input would have been real "refreshing."
Again, the question that needs to be asked. Is this new grill needed? Is Mahindra violating Jeep trade dress? I think this was a preemptive strike that turned out not to be necessary.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Thar

Again, the question that needs to be asked. Is this new grill needed? Is Mahindra violating Jeep trade dress? I think this was a preemptive strike that turned out not to be necessary.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
That'd make sense. In that case, they should keep the old one for MT and this one for AT like I earlier speculated. But, didn't the judgment say something about the front too?

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
No intel, just a hunch. IMO the Roxor was a low cost US market test that greatly over-achieved. Expect expanded footprint in US from MM.

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The 3.73s seem fine to me with MT. 4L is very usable for my needs. Think the AT may be best suited with the 5.38s. Will be interesting to see how the 5.38s affect on road driving.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
This is for the manual. Don’t have the numbers for the auto. Both with 29s. 3.73 is left and 5.38 on right.

0e6e258f8f9d4b6141c1806177b251c9.jpg

425dfd0aba15a6d73b1f4dbd02bb9200.jpg

4bc881430f0d40b19a2c7c628819433d.jpg

The site I used. http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html

B

Bister

The 3.73s seem fine to me with MT. 4L is very usable for my needs. Think the AT may be best suited with the 5.38s. Will be interesting to see how the 5.38s affect on road driving.
I'm fine with what I have, I go to LO lots. About the only think I can think of is for what I do, I might stay in Hi a bit more. 1st is fine for lots, but 2nd is a bit much for what I do in the valley trails. With lower gears 1 and 2 in HI might work, but I'm not going to change it now. I could see the lower gears being nice on a farm or ranch where they aren't looking for road speeds, kind of like I do. Very little road, slow riding in the valley pastures.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I rarely end up using LO. I do wanna switch over to a twin stick, regardless.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Air bag and ABS? If these are it, then nah, that wouldn't be bad. I'm sure there are dozens of things we're not thinking of though.

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
From txroadkill charts, I’d say they figured out how keep the tuners from defeating speed limiters :). I like my 3.73s!!!

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
From txroadkill charts, I’d say they figured out how keep the tuners from defeating speed limiters :). I like my 3.73s!!!

Did they?

Left stock 3.73s and 29s. Right 5.38s and 35s
2ff873c3b215ef170f36f55ceeb38f35.jpg

So run 35s and 5.38s and it’s slightly better in 5th than stock 3.73 running direct drive (4th)

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
OK, OK- Never said I could read your charts :). Thought they referenced about 1k higher rpm to achieve same speed?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Your right about the 1000 higher rpm for about the same speed 3.73 vs 5.38. I’m saying take that 5.38 geared roxor and throw a set of 35s on it. your only adding 500 rpm in this scenario which is probably about what you’d wants anyway to overcome the weight and rolling resistance of the tall rubber and higher stance. Perhaps this will help spur some manufacturers to come out with a more affordable lift. Then again I wonder if a level lift (which they say can run 33s) and a body lift of about 1” would be the easy ticket to run 35s.

928dennis

Most people will not run 35's, I understand what your getting at but I would not won't one that high. I have 265/75r16's On mine at 32' high and feel for me it is perfect. But people will always find away around things when put to the task.

BookBarbarian

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Your right about the 1000 higher rpm for about the same speed 3.73 vs 5.38. I’m saying take that 5.38 geared roxor and throw a set of 35s on it. your only adding 500 rpm in this scenario which is probably about what you’d wants anyway to overcome the weight and rolling resistance of the tall rubber and higher stance. Perhaps this will help spur some manufacturers to come out with a more affordable lift. Then again I wonder if a level lift (which they say can run 33s) and a body lift of about 1” would be the easy ticket to run 35s.
I'm one of those who would love 35s and 5.38s. Throw on a PTO Overdrive and you've got the Willys I always wanted, only brand new.

928dennis

I drive mine all over the place down here in so AZ and will tell you just raising the front 2" and adding the 265/75r16 tires it is not as stable at freeway speeds as it was before. I could not guess what it would handle like with 35" tires and a lift kit. But maybe thats not what you would do with yours. Yes I do offroad it also.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Do the 2020s come with full rear float? Flat towing with all four hubs unlocked is another thing I would like.

I doubt it. But if your not regearing all you’ll need to do is pull the spiders and replace them with 30 spline spiders or a 30 spline lunchbox locker and put the full float conversion on. Much simpler than a regear.