ooooooooooo

New Roxor refresh for 2020?

Skymarc

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Keep it simple. I just want a factory cab and full doors.

Did anybody else get the Halloween Roxor Beast emails? Looks like they maybe refreshing the grille to a more FJ style. It is hard to tell in the teaser but from what i can see I like it.

sandyx

Founding Member
New silhouette means new tooling. The last time they invested in tooling for any jeep was decades ago and that investment was recuperated a long time ago as well. Roxor even happened because they got everything already in place and new investment was needed only in logistic and assembly. And that too eyeing future product releases.

In that case, a new investment in tooling for a niche product seems highly unlikely. But they could ship all the pressings to US and stamp them locally if that helps bypass import clauses related to trade dress.

B

Bister

Butt ugly is my thought, and a 5:38 gear in the diffs? If so that will be the speed limiter. No way around that easy and cheap.
You just need to find someone that has a 18 or 19 that wants that grill and 5.38's and do a swap. I could use lower gears, but I'm fine with my "Original"Roxor grill.

928dennis

I guess it depends on how much work you won't to do to this thing, at some point it is just easer to buy a jeep.The main reason we buy a Roxor is the cost, but if you are going to have 25 to 30000.00 in one it makes no sense.

Last edited:

MaineRox

Butt ugly is my thought, and a 5:38 gear in the diffs? If so that will be the speed limiter. No way around that easy and cheap.
Funny, it all depends on the individual. IMO, the FJ look and the 5:38 is much better and a reason for me to finally get one.

Tokarev

Funny, it all depends on the individual. IMO, the FJ look and the 5:38 is much better and a reason for me to finally get one.
5:38 gears I can see especially if there are no plans to flash and drive 70 mph on the highway.

The grill I don't get. And is the new grill even needed? I thought FCA lost that point?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

MaineRox

I guess it depends on how much work you won't to do to this thing, at some point it is just easer to buy a jeep.
$15k+ (assuming the Jeep is at least $31k) buys you a ton of mods, though (or two Roxors). Not to mention that even folks with $45k Jeeps still feel the need to make mods. It's some weird cross between an addiction and a fetish. :)

Tokarev

If Mahindra made a replica FJ40. I'd be first in line. Love those things.
Yeah me too. But the Roxor is not based on or derived from the FJ line.

Isn't there still an FJ40 variant made in Brazil? Maybe someone will start bringing those in and assembling them as ATVs!

MaineRox

Yeah me too. But the Roxor is not based on or derived from the FJ line.

Isn't there still an FJ40 variant made in Brazil? Maybe someone will start bringing those in and assembling them as ATVs!

Toyota did make the thing only after taking apart and rebuilding a CJ. So doesn't make them second cousins or step brothers?

Somewhere in Brazil, really!?! Don't tell me that! I'll need two more garages.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
5.38s are great for those going to bigger tires. I want to go 33s and debating 4.88 or 5.13. If I had 5.38 I wouldn’t regret at all. I assume all one needs to go to a 30 spline is a swap of the spiders or spartan locker. So upgrading the axles gets very affordable and diy as you won’t have to set up the ring and pinion. Put a Spartan in and their the chrome moly’s in. Rear full float is little more in depth but still diy. It’s a win in my book.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’d much rather keep 3.73s and run an underdrive on the Spicer18.

FJ look is neat, but CJ is my thing.

Also, the price was not as compelling as the simplistic nature and old school diesel engine. Don’t get me wrong, it was nice but not the big reason. Jeep simply doesnt make anything I want. If they made an extremely strippo JK, I would prolly not have left the camp.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
One thing to keep in mind, this may be their actual road product, not UTV.

Tokarev

One thing to keep in mind, this may be their actual road product, not UTV.
The new 2020 Roxor being road legal? With air bags and anti-lock brakes? What else is required for 2020 year models?

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The 2.5 passing the EPA

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Also keep in mind the diesel repower market is bigger than people think. The pricier and wimpier new vehicles become, the more compelling repowers become.