ooooooooooo

New KMS Performance ECU

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just installed a new KMS Performance ECU. Works great. I will work it hard and check longevity. It looks exactly like the Mahindra one. Just made in China instead of India. Have the original ECU intact just in case or if I need service. Can’t wait to test without speed limiter. I now have a Chip express program module for sale. For a great price. Increased horsepower and torque but does not change speed or egr. A very good unit. Hooks into fuel rail. Has 4.5 yrs of full replacement warranty. Great unit for someone not planning on increasing speed but wants stage 1 Performance. Has served me flawlessly since October. F17FFCE1-CC1A-4574-B657-A16C03D3FF3B.jpeg0DD97A0C-317A-4DCC-8857-B55FA6E8CC5D.jpeg0D7E156D-01E0-40A4-AA97-19BF1D9F8E25.jpeg

Last edited:

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
695 plus shipping. Cheaper than a Roxor ECU (Which you can't get yet) They are pre programmed with the speed limiter removed. They now have what they call a stage 2 which is nothing more than the EGR delete as well. I have no smoke , but noticable increase in power over stock. About the same as my Chip Express. (Which I am selling for a reasonable price, if anyone who does not need the speed limiter or egr delete done.)

I put block of plates on the exhaust and left the EGR intact on the intake, but blocked it as well. EGR delete is an option that is easy to get around. Used the ports from the removed EGR cooler to feed my heater. But that is on another thread.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes, I just sent my ECU off to get remapped, I have everything else done for a stage II. excited to get it back.

SMH

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
My KMS stage 2 just came in the mail today. Waiting on new rims and tires and wrapping up lighting and accessory wiring before I can do a before and after. But looking forward to it.

Realtywill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Anyone have experience with the KMS stage 3 tune? Specifically how it changes the Roxor and if I would need to change the clutch and if I would need to do the EGR. I was also looking at the Chip Express but after emailing them they said they don’t have it for the Roxor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have the stage 2 KMS. Works great. I had the chip express. It performed well but didn’t delete the EGR or speed limiter so I sold it.

Gypsyjon

Is there any way to actually tell the difference between tunes? I guess that would require trying several of them on the same Roxor which would be tough to do.

Realtywill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I ended up going with the KMS stage 3 tune. Bolts right up and I still have the factory ECU. Ok, next to the center console I installed, this is a must have! Before changing gears and hitting the gas it would either bog down where I needed to downshift or it would eventually get there, just took longer. Changing gears now, just hit the gas and it just goes! You hit the gas too hard and it lunges forward. Completely different from before. The tune comes ready for the EGR delete, so I’ll probably be doing that soon.
As far as deciding on the KMS tune, I almost didn’t go with them. There was not a lot of detail on their website regarding the tune. I ended up calling and spoke to someone about the tune and decided to order. Sounds like it bumps it up to around 115hp and over 200lbs torque and is set up for the EGR delete. They say you don’t need to upgrade the clutch, with that said I’ll probably make sure I watch how I work the clutch anyway. It doesn’t make the Roxor smoke which is great! One of the big reasons I went with them was I kept my factory ECU intact. All positives so far!

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I ended up going with the KMS stage 3 tune. Bolts right up and I still have the factory ECU. Ok, next to the center console I installed, this is a must have! Before changing gears and hitting the gas it would either bog down where I needed to downshift or it would eventually get there, just took longer. Changing gears now, just hit the gas and it just goes! You hit the gas too hard and it lunges forward. Completely different from before. The tune comes ready for the EGR delete, so I’ll probably be doing that soon.
As far as deciding on the KMS tune, I almost didn’t go with them. There was not a lot of detail on their website regarding the tune. I ended up calling and spoke to someone about the tune and decided to order. Sounds like it bumps it up to around 115hp and over 200lbs torque and is set up for the EGR delete. They say you don’t need to upgrade the clutch, with that said I’ll probably make sure I watch how I work the clutch anyway. It doesn’t make the Roxor smoke which is great! One of the big reasons I went with them was I kept my factory ECU intact. All positives so far!

Let me say, I know nothing about ECU tuning. Im just trying to decide whether to upgrade my ECU. I wonder if the Roxor engine can easily handle doubling the horse power?
Why did Madhindra limit this engine if it can handle doubling the horse power.

Last edited:

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Let me say, I know nothing about ECU tuning. Im just trying to decide whether to upgrade my ECU. I wonder if the Roxor engine can handle doubling the horse power?
Why did Madhindra limit this engine if it can handle doubling the horse power.
it can. remember. they are selling this as a sbs. same motor over seas is 120 horse.

echo3delta

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Here is my review of the Gilomen Stage 2:
In the last month, I put about 200 miles on my 2019 Roxor with the Stage 2 ECU (after 300 miles stock). I wanted better on-road drivability - in city and on highway. I was not looking to turn the machine into a fire and smoke spewing torque or hp monster.

Before I decided on the Gilomen Stage 2, I emailed and called the shop with a number of questions. I compared specs from tunes on the market from different tuners - all are very impressive! All higher stage tunes on the market offer about the same torque and hp improvements.

I decided for the Gilomen Stage 2 becasue it delivers the performance level I wanted and the customer service (email and phone call) was great. Having a tuned AND the stock ECU is a big bonus for me.

Stock, the Roxor's power used to be just enough to get the machine rolling in 1st followed by an immediate shift into 2nd. Stock, the machine delivered just enough power to coast on flat roads in 5th.

With the Stage 2 tune, I can accelerate in 1st just a bit longer before having to shift into 2nd. I can easily keep up with traffic. The engine now has power to accelerate in 5th (even with added resistance of a windshield). With the Stage 2, the engine power and gearing match better and drivability (city and highway) is where I wanted it.
The Roxor is now what it should have been from the factory.

There is abolutely no smoke. Idle is just where it was w/o tune at 850 rpm. Turbo whistle is much more pronounced (I like it). I run the stock exhaust (with the muffler removed and particulate filter in place).

Hope this helps.
Thank you for the review! Now im really excited to get mine installed lol

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk