ooooooooooo

MAHINDRA HISTORY WE ARE MAHINDRA AND ROXOR

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Seven decades in the making, our history began in India assembling rugged off-road vehicles under license from Willys. Vehicle production has continued since the 1940s while also building one of the world’s largest tractor brands. Other internationally known vehicles such as THAR, Bolero, Scorpio and MM540 have grown from the Mahindra family of businesses. And now ROXOR bursts onto the off-road scene in the Western Hemisphere.

Many other modern SUVs, mini vans, pick-ups and automobiles are designed and manufactured by Mahindra along with aircraft, electric motorcycles, Formula E racecars and specialty military vehicles. This India-based powerhouse has also developed financial, hospitality and agricultural divisions to become a global manufacturing and financial power.
Mahindra has obtained controlling stakes in the REVA Electric Car Company to create Mahindra Electric. It has also acquired South Korea’s SsangYong Motor Company in 2011 as well as the well-known Italian automotive coach builder and design firm, Pininfarina S.p.A. in 2015. Mahindra Automotive North America based in Auburn Hills, Michigan is one of five manufacturers to build and prototype USPS mail delivery vehicles that would replace their current aging fleet. Mahindra has delivered fourteen designed-from-the-ground-up prototypes that are now being tested by the USPS.

HeritagePhoto_2.png

Mahindra Automotive North America and the Mahindra North American Technical Center are located in the Detroit area where they design, prototype and assemble vehicles of many different types for use around the world including the new ROXOR brand for North and South America. The ROXOR brand is specifically designed for off-road use only and is representative of products built by Mahindra starting in 1946. The American-assembled ROXOR enters the off-road world with a 70-year-proven value proposition based on its authenticity, simplicity and strength. It is the “original off-road vehicle” with a 70 year heritage. Look for the ROXOR brand of off-road vehicles available from at a powersports dealership near you.
History1.jpg
History2.jpg
History3.jpg
History4.jpg

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Good find!!! I thought I found everything on the web.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If they make a small diesel pickup based on the Roxor, that will really chap some fat-cat asses in the US auto industry. lol

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I would love to see the small diesel pick up come to the US because GM and Ford made the statement years ago that they make all their profits from pick ups and SUVs. The only problem is it will never pass emissions my 2017 super duty power stroke has nine sensors in the exhaust and it looks like a torpedo that could go off at any minute.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I would love to see the small diesel pick up come to the US because GM and Ford made the statement years ago that they make all their profits from pick ups and SUVs. The only problem is it will never pass emissions my 2017 super duty power stroke has nine sensors in the exhaust and it looks like a torpedo that could go off at any minute.

Might have to make it a UTV then.. :p

Or just remind CA they are one state out of fifty, and 99% of the nation does not have an air problem, but does have a 'vehicles are too expensive because of bad CA ideas' problem.

jdlee

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If they make a small diesel pickup based on the Roxor, that will really chap some fat-cat asses in the US auto industry. lol
I have been waiting for this for years! I fell in love with the Toyota Hilux while on mission trips to Haiti.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have been waiting for this for years! I fell in love with the Toyota Hilux while on mission trips to Haiti.

For sure. I would love a Willys pickup (with D30, discs, and saginaw) with the exact same powertrain as the Roxor. A R2.8/B3.3 (GREAT motors but $$$) or V2203 would also do the job quite well. That's it. Bare bones pickup with 6' bed that gets 35 MPG and can tow at low end 1/2 ton levels.

Stretch the Roxor WB 10" and put a CJ10 tub on it and Willys bed and you have a rig that will massively disrupt the lazy US auto industry if they can get it in.