ooooooooooo

LUNCHBOX LOCKERS

baer

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
ANYONE INSTALLED THE LUNCHBOX LOCKERS ON THE ROXOR?
THINKING ABOUT DOING IT BUT WANTED TO KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THEM

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Easy install. Work well. I put them front and rear and find they work very well. do a search on here for spartan lockers.
the only thing I may have done different is put a limited slip up front instead but that's quite a bit more.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Installed a TORQ locker (from Torq Masters) in the rear. Just followed the instructions and only ran into one small problem. Called the company and the women who owns it actually answered the phone and helped me through it. Fantastic customer service and I would highly recommend the product. If you research here and elsewhere you will find plenty of posts where people say they are noisy. Can’t speak to the Spartans, but i never hear anything out of mine in the rear. The product is made in the US and has a little better warranty I think than the Spartan. Hope that helps.

CA905674-328C-4117-BCF4-6B38DD9B38DA.jpeg B4FBB94F-4486-4ED9-8034-4CF982423469.jpeg

baer

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
WHAT MAKE AND HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT FOR IT

Fallacy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Spartan, they were used for a short time before I changed gearing and installed Detroit Trutracs.
$200.00 each, I have 2.

Jhop567

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have the lunchbox lockers in front and rear. I also have the front hub locks that I engage or disengage. When on the hiway, I have them disengaged and the steering/handling is fine. When off road or snow, I engage the hubs and the steering is a little different. In 4WD it is noticeable, but off road not that big a problem because if I'm in 4WD I am going slower.

EDGE

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
We installed manual locking hubs (MM) and a lunchbox locker (Spartan) on the front axle of our 2019 Roxor. After studying the info on this excellent forum, we chose this configuration to manage switching between on-road and off-road use. We tested after the install and were quite pleased with the results. Our summary...
  • Yes the front locker does present forces that work to bring the wheel to the center, but it's easily managed and is easily disengaged with the locking hubs.
  • Testing on gravel and pavement, we had to make fairly severe turns to forcibly slip the locker. Again, locking hubs can be easily disengaged for on-road travel, but if we desire to make short runs on pavement in 4wd without unlocking it is doable.
  • The front lockers increased our capability to climb steep hills and traverse over breaks to a shocking degree. The off road capability is very much enhanced.
  • We did not experience the loss of turning radius that many reported. The turning radius presented the same as typical 4wd that we started with. Prior to installing, we adjusted our steering stops to maximize our turning range with the tire's we're running.
The only apparent sacrifice in this config is that we don't have the ability to use rear diff lock as a mid-performance zone between 2wd and 4wd. We would need to install rear lockers to enable this feature. However after seeing how they behave on the front axle, we're not nearly as hesitant to consider LB lockers on the rear as well. However, we have not experienced how rear-lockers would affect driving at highway speeds and in varying conditions. I have seen some posts that suggest this is an issue.

For now, this configuration is able to perform very well both on and off the road. Very happy with both the ease of install and the performance. Love the Roxor.

Last edited: