ooooooooooo

Locking hubs for rear axle

M4R1N3

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I could have sworn reading somewhere in the threads about a year ago someone had sourced and upgraded their rear axle shafts and were able to put rear hub locks on. Thus being able to unlock all four wheels for flat towing. Im not on any other forums so I'm sure I saw it here. I've searched the threads exhaustively and cannot find anything about it anymore. Unless I'm hallucinating or something. Anyone know what I'm referring to?

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Look up "Full float conversion"

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Using a full float setup with drive flanges with the conversion increases strength of the rear assembly. Tossing a locking hub on the outside reduces strength, but is ideal if you plan to flat tow your Roxor.

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Either way its way stronger then the 2 piece tapered stock 19 spline rear shafts.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Either way its way stronger then the 2 piece tapered stock 19 spline rear shafts.

Yeah prolly. A nice flanged setup back there would be pretty hoss for a "Dana44" tho. If I end up wheeling the Rox, I'll prolly go that route.

MAGAHAWK

I could have sworn reading somewhere in the threads about a year ago someone had sourced and upgraded their rear axle shafts and were able to put rear hub locks on. Thus being able to unlock all four wheels for flat towing. Im not on any other forums so I'm sure I saw it here. I've searched the threads exhaustively and cannot find anything about it anymore. Unless I'm hallucinating or something. Anyone know what I'm referring to?
Flat tow instructions are shown in your owners manual. Only parts needed are aftermarket hubs.

M4R1N3

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thank you all for the quick replies! Not long after I posted this I found the OTR setup.

M4R1N3

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Flat tow instructions are shown in your owners manual. Only parts needed are aftermarket hubs.
Yeah I've been flat towing it here and there. Not far or fast. But would be able to go farther and faster with hub locks on the rear too. Letting only the wheel bearings do all the work.

M4R1N3

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If you do a full float conversion from On the Rox you can replace the 27 spline drive flange with a 27 spline locking hub. This would mean you would need to convert to a Dana 44 30 spline differential to work with the full float kit that OTR sells.

https://ontheroxfab.com/product/30-spline-chromoly-rear-full-floater-kit/
WARN 27 Spline Hubs - On The Rox
Would I also need a new axle housing? And if I did the diff on the rear would I also have to do the front diff or would it be same?

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Would I also need a new axle housing? And if I did the diff on the rear would I also have to do the front diff or would it be same?

Nope. Stock housing, different shafts and outers.

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

No new housing, just new guts. The new diff is just to increase spline count. Someone may be able to speak on whether or not you can just swap to a 30 spline side gear inside the stock differential but I can’t give you a definitive answer there.

You do not need replace the front. You just need to match the gear ratio.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
No new housing, just new guts. The new diff is just to increase spline count. Someone may be able to speak on whether or not you can just swap to a 30 spline side gear inside the stock differential but I can’t give you a definitive answer there.

You do not need replace the front. You just need to match the gear ratio.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think most folks doing 30 splines are doing some kind of D44 traction aid at the same time. I dunno if you can toss actual D44 spiders in the Rox carrier.

Bhayarock

No just the axle kit.. connect with Ryan Adam Stanley on FB he has put up a good video on youtube of the full float 30 spline axle conversion from on the rox along with new ring nd pinion gears for higher ratio.