ooooooooooo

Lift Shackles

TheFurnace

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Yep, would work perfect in combination with the Rough Country kit!
Finally got around to putting the shackles on that I ordered from you...a simple, inexpensive, awesome upgrade!

20200308_163622.jpg 20200308_164205.jpg 20200308_163600.jpg

20200308_163622.jpg 20200308_164205.jpg 20200308_163600.jpg

Last edited:

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yep that’d be me. I used 2003 Honda Accord rear brake hoses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm planning to install longer front shocks and need longer front break lines.
I can find three different part numbers at about any online store I checked.
Could you share the part number (and store) for the 2003 Honda Accord rear break lines you used (in the front of your Roxor), please? For instance "Autozone XYZ".
Also, did you buy any additional parts such as fittings? If so, which parts?

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Longer shocks won’t do much for you. The shocks do not limit travel if your only running this shackle kit. The design of the leaf limits the flex not the shock.

613efa0ce9cc1aa344d298d3b54e8a4d.jpg

Let’s not get off topic here. This is in the for sale area for the shackle kit. The brake line question warrants a thread of its own.

*For those reading this. You do not need longer brake lines with this kit unless you plan on removing the sway bar offroad.

JDM

Max A. I need some help! I have 1.5 inch shackle lift on the front. You can see in the pic I have a ton of weight center to front. Front leaves are almost parallel.

Ride is smooth, but of course it doesn’t take a lot to bottom it out. What do you suggest to fix the front without raising it high and picking up a rough ride?? Back has no shackle lift and does bottom out when fully loaded.

I like your thoughts on keeping the front lower no matter what you do. I can tell you maintaining that ratio Is a huge plus in maintaining control and no roll over with my high rack.

What do you suggest?

B1F0992C-1A4F-4030-BFA1-CCA13F49F821.jpeg70CE784D-E759-420C-9D9C-70265BE6996C.jpeg

B1F0992C-1A4F-4030-BFA1-CCA13F49F821.jpeg

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
[mention]JDM [/mention] I’d do an add a leaf up front.

Bfree

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have Max A.'s front and rear shackles installed and I also have a 2.5" Add a leaf by pro comp up front. It sits perfect, but it did stiffen the ride a bit, not bad but enough I could tell the difference.

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have Max A.'s front and rear shackles installed and I also have a 2.5" Add a leaf by pro comp up front. It sits perfect, but it did stiffen the ride a bit, not bad but enough I could tell the difference.

Did you extend brake line?
I believe Max A say’s not needed to extend unless disconnecting the sway bar...
I’m getting ready to install front add a leaf and Max A 1.5” front shackle.
Double checking......

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Did you extend brake line?
I believe Max A say’s not needed to extend unless disconnecting the sway bar...
I’m getting ready to install front add a leaf and Max A 1.5” front shackle.
Double checking......

With the add a leaf you may need brake lines. I have never tested it with the add a leaf but many others have. Maybe one of them can chime in.

Bfree

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
No, I haven't added the brake lines to mine but I do intend to in the future! I have also removed the sway bar and for that reason I will be adding longer brake lines.

DAMCars

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What add a leaf do i need for 1 1/2 lift for front ? any one have a part number? is it like for a cj5 -7

I installed the Explorer Pro Comp 13120
I removed them a couple months later because it stiffened up the front so much. The ride quality was Jarring with these.

mickeybobs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks ...I wont go that way then ...I want to use MAXs rear shackel on the front ..not as much lift, but thats ok as i use my Roxor on the street .I thought Maxs curved shackel would be too much and i dont want to mess with the rear at all ..will the rears on front work ok with out having poor or floating steering ? ....thanks again

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What add a leaf do i need for 1 1/2 lift for front ? any one have a part number? is it like for a cj5 -7
None, unless you do a spring over conversion. Only way to get any lift is with lift springs with more arch, or shackles.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So adding a 1 1/2 inch front shackel will really add no lift to the front of Roxor.?
Measure your factory shackle length. Then whatever distance the new one is that is longer cut it in half. That will be the amount of lift the new shackles will give you. If your stock shackle is 4” long and the new ones are 5” you will net 1/2” of lift.