ooooooooooo

What is needed to street legal a Mahindra Roxor?

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Gotcha- starting to understand cost structure of your service. Lots of hoops!!!

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
In Montana it cost about 49.00 to set up the LLC. Things have changed over the years, in the old days doing business nationwide came under Interstate Commerence excemption in many states, result no state sales tax. Federal highway use tax still applied. It was a big savings on all things including tires.

Semperfi

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Arkansas only has one plate. Also I had ( Dirt Illegal ) process my paper work for Missouri. $1500.00 and 3 1/2 ,months later , I received the papers. Every thing cool for 2 years. Then 2 Missouri State Troopers with the Dept of Revenue, show up and spends over an hour discussing the Illegal paper changing of Certificate of Origin to title and registration. They had also been to the dealer that is was purchased from and had copies of everything, all sales info. They even had run my background and had all of their ducks in a row. Also knew of the other two in the state that had legalized in Missouri. Also stating that any vehicle from 2003 and newer must have airbags. They are in process of legalities With Dirt Legal. I have tried to contact BRANDEN at Dirt Legal and no one will call back or respond in any way. Have tried for 3 months. They are HIDING and know of their legal issues. I am still awaiting from the state on what charges I might occur. I hope everyone well and hope they dont have the issues I am having. Keep on a rollin and a clattering.

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You can’t skirt the law of your specific state. The law is black and white regardless of what someone says they can do, and perhaps they can temporarily, , but at the end of the day..... Just saying.

TheFurnace

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Arkansas only has one plate. Also I had ( Dirt Illegal ) process my paper work for Missouri. $1500.00 and 3 1/2 ,months later , I received the papers. Every thing cool for 2 years. Then 2 Missouri State Troopers with the Dept of Revenue, show up and spends over an hour discussing the Illegal paper changing of Certificate of Origin to title and registration. They had also been to the dealer that is was purchased from and had copies of everything, all sales info. They even had run my background and had all of their ducks in a row. Also knew of the other two in the state that had legalized in Missouri. Also stating that any vehicle from 2003 and newer must have airbags. They are in process of legalities With Dirt Legal. I have tried to contact BRANDEN at Dirt Legal and no one will call back or respond in any way. Have tried for 3 months. They are HIDING and know of their legal issues. I am still awaiting from the state on what charges I might occur. I hope everyone well and hope they dont have the issues I am having. Keep on a rollin and a clattering.
Sorry about the issues you're going through. Can you register it as an offroad vehicle? My state (New Mexico) allows the Roxor to be registered this way and leaves it up to each individual locality as to whether or not to allow offroad vehicles on the streets. Luckily, my locality does...I can't drive on the interstate, but, anywhere I would go offloading can be accessed through frontage roads for the most part.

Semperfi

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
We get a county sticker to only allow it on graveled county roads. I your county. I live 1/2 mile from another 2 counties, and am land locked. Still working on another possibility. Legalities, Legalities.

TheFurnace

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
We get a county sticker to only allow it on graveled county roads. I your county. I live 1/2 mile from another 2 counties, and am land locked. Still working on another possibility. Legalities, Legalities.
Damn...I hope it works out. Laws need to be changed to accommodate the Roxor...it's in a class by itself.

Col Remo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Utah allows for licensing a UTV. Locally the city ordinance allows ATV's to access to and from offroad areas over the road with no license as long as they are registered.
In Utah if your register it as a street legal UTV they give you a motorcycle type plate. You can go anywhere except the interstate. Arizona and Colorado are about the same. You would think Nevada would be inline with those states, but no. I sneak to Mesquite, and other more out of the way places in Nevada anyway. Not saying I recommend it but i do it.

Semperfi

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yeah, I just hope that when the Roxor Mkt. keeps growing that the demand for legal issues comes to a halt and they make it legal for all in all states. The problems with even issuing UTV is that a ATV is 1200lbs or less. Then they show that a UTV is 2000lbs our less. As far as the ROXOR it doesn't Qualify due to it being 3400lbs. So I cant even get a UTV plate or sticker here.

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yeah, I just hope that when the Roxor Mkt. keeps growing that the demand for legal issues comes to a halt and they make it legal for all in all states. The problems with even issuing UTV is that a ATV is 1200lbs or less. Then they show that a UTV is 2000lbs our less. As far as the ROXOR it doesn't Qualify due to it being 3400lbs. So I cant even get a UTV plate or sticker here.

Just put a SMV triangle on the rear end. Operate as off road vehicle being used for ag purpose- and that’s the first thing you tell LEO. I keep a box of fencing supplies on board. Keep proof of insurance handy. There are state statutes that allow night use, 45mph speed limit, SMV sign and negate use of 6’ flag for utility vehicles and I keep the statute #s handy too.

If your not in ag, slip a local farmer a hundred bucks to sign a statement that you are a hired hand:)

And there are counties and municipalities issuing stickers for Roxor as a UTV but you’re confined to roads under their jurisdiction

Last edited:

Semperfi

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Ripley County is lawless and Biased. Chief of police has even said the the Roxor will never be able to be in his town even though UTV's can. Must have had a problem with the local dealer, etc...