ooooooooooo

LED headlights

B

Bister

For what I’ll be using my Roxor for, , I don’t need a big light bar. I was thinking maybe just adding some little 4” LED’s on the bumper somewhere, but now I think I would try a set of these if they fit.

2X 7 Inch 75W Dual Beam LED Headlight DRL For 97-17 Jeep Wrangler JK YJ TJ CJ | eBay

D52F0B7A-4CE7-4C63-9A9C-DE12DC74A738.png

4ACA43E3-3C83-4650-A400-923E4242C6E0.png

46AC8196-34CD-42D9-B274-3E479E5CD196.png

CanadianRoxor

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
They will fit since it's a 7" round light. Just need to check the pig tail on the stock light to see if its the same as the 7" Jeep/Harley LED headlights

Azbronco96

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Even a small LED light bar throws an amazing amount of light
I put an 8 inch LED on my Honda Pioneer
Makes the factory lights look like 2 Bic lighters behind wax paper-LOL

B

Bister

Even a small LED light bar throws an amazing amount of light
I put an 8 inch LED on my Honda Pioneer
Makes the factory lights look like 2 Bic lighters behind wax paper-LOL

Exactly, I have a 90 watt light bar on my Rhino and it is more than enough and the Rhino doesn’t even real headlights. Lol. I think these at 75watts each and able to choose what is illuminated will be more than sufficient for what I do without extra mounting and more wiring. Might add small bar or a couple of 4” ones pointing back. And an interior light. One video or picture I saw looks like there is an LED interior light built in the sound bar, but I’m not getting the sound bar as of yet. Time will tell.

B

Bister

They fit with a little trimming of the inside ring.

View attachment 1123
nice. thanks. I like the ones that have the signal lights built in them to. Then you wouldn't have to mount anything else with th dual filament in the tail light already. If you wanted to get fancy, a guy could get the Thar tail lights for $40 with the amber top lens off eBay.

toolsinaction

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yw, so the turn signal ones are actually yellow? They look like the same lights, I know I can wire the DRL for turn signals but they would be white.

B

Bister

Nice. Depending which model gets shipped to Canada, I might not be getting one with a light bar, which I really don't want anyway. I don't do much night off roading. I think I would be happy with the stock headlights for getting home, but a set of these would be more than enough for me. I don't go far, I don't go fast, and I don't stay out too late anymore. And if I'm coming home after dark, it is from my cabin 4 miles away, I could do it in the dark...lol

B

Bister

I forget to ask: Other than the minor trimming, I assume they just plug in, but you would have to add power for the DRL?

toolsinaction

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I forget to ask: Other than the minor trimming, I assume they just plug in, but you would have to add power for the DRL?
Yes, you have to add accessory power to the DRl. Im on the fence, I might put a switch on the DRL. Not sure I I want a light on that I cant turn off.

Last edited:

jdlee

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I got them from amazon, factory plug worked like a charm. Amazon lights
Awesome! Yeah I saw them on Amazon as well. (I prefer to order from them, returns are much easier) I am wondering if the DRL LEDs can be reflowed to amber to use them as turn signals... FOUND these: http://a.co/d/7qxoLX1 with amber built in! :D

Last edited:
B

Bister

Awesome! Yeah I saw them on Amazon as well. (I prefer to order from them, returns are much easier) I am wondering if the DRL LEDs can be reflowed to amber to use them as turn signals... FOUND these: http://a.co/d/7qxoLX1 with amber built in! :D
I don't need signal lights, but if I did and was putting them on, I think this is an awesome way to go.
A6FD2584-BF12-4B91-8FA5-DE8DDB8209A6.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: